Perun ETU help

When the factory G&G ETU in my RIF (G&G Armament TR16 MBR 556WH) burned out I replaced it with a "Perun MOSFET ETU++" which worked well for a bit, but recently I've been having some troubles with it.
I love how many different settings there are for it, but a short while ago I tried to change the settings again, and for some reason ended up with semi = semi and auto = semi/binary/triple/full auto, where every time I'd pull the trigger, it would have a different effect.

I tried to reset it today and nothing happened, I got to the 'master reset' option but nothing appeared to happen when I pulled the trigger (2 seconds, as per the manual), no indication beep either.

Eventually I somehow managed to get it to be binary on both the 'semi' as 'auto' selections, but I was unable to turn the binary off again.

Does anyone know what I could try next? Or should I just give up and buy a new ETU?

It still shoots whenever I pull the trigger, so no issues there, I just can't change the ETU settings anymore.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Smiling-Dutchman

1 minute ago, Pseudotectonic said:

you need to hold the trigger for 2 seconds for the reset

I did, sorry if I didn't make this clear in the post (will update).
Tried holding the trigger many times, at many lengths. nothing happened.

It's worth contacting perun, their customer support is usually good.

That aside, I had a similar issue and traced it back an intermittant fault with one of the switches on the etu itself. As the switch wasn't always registering a contact the perun was receiving the signal onetime or not at all. I swapped our the switch on the etu board and got full control back.

Edited by concretesnail

11 hours ago, concretesnail said:

It's worth contacting perun, their customer support is usually good.

That aside, I had a similar issue and traced it back an intermittant fault with one of the switches on the etu itself. As the switch wasn't always registering a contact the perun was receiving the signal onetime or at all. I swapped our the switch on the etu board and got full control back.

Thanks for the reply, I'll try contacting them.

• 2 weeks later...

A bit late, but it could be the trigger board or the harness that connects it to the etu++

G&G units aren't known for their reliability.

5 hours ago, Skara said:

A bit late, but it could be the trigger board or the harness that connects it to the etu++

G&G units aren't known for their reliability.

True. I was fixing an ARP556 where a ETU++ worked and cured the issues it was having until the G&G trigger board itself decided to crap out and just stop working entirely. Replaced the lot with a Hybrid V2 in the end.

Dreading the moment when my L85 decides to do the same.

Edited by MrTea