Advice for Tactical Helmet

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, The_Roach said:

And you haven't read the bit where I state I don't care about protection. 

LOL, I probably did, but we're so used to going off on a tangent as we relate our own experiences with kit we're discussing, thought I'd point out the elephant in the room 🤣

16 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

If you must wear a modern lid, then go for a ratchet adjustable one/rear rotation adjustment thingy.  If its in a sized outer then even better.

Definitely a +1 on these, way better fit than having to ratchet your chinstrap down to stop the lid moving, not a good look if you've got chubby chops🐷

A good compromise if you want a decent bump helmet but don’t want to shell out the £600+ for an ops core is the EON carbon composite helmet.

Carbon shell like the ops core and comes with 4D pads, real Wilcox shroud too.

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

Oi... I resemble that comment.

images (92).jpg

11 hours ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Carbon shell like the ops core and comes with 4D pads, real Wilcox shroud too.

These look great, not something I need but very impressive. 

You may not want bump level protection now, but it might become a factor for you in the future. 

I can't tell you the number of times I've bought kit that was fit for what I wanted right then, didn't care about some element of it, only for that feature to become very important to me later. 

It's been the case with optics, rifs, clothing, helmets, chest rigs etc. Sometimes the change in need has just been for the larp, sometimes it's been a feature that's been required. When spending any sum of cash, I'd always recommend some well rounded consideration. 

Also, while these are responses to your initial question, as a forum this acts as a repository of information that others may find interesting