ASG Rotex III

JinxDuh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hopefully this is the right place to post 😅

I have an ASG Rotex III (Not the tracer version), but I can’t seem to get the top part off of the suppressor to access the inside. Tried putting something in the slots and turned both left and right but no movement. 

Is there a certain way to get inside, or is it not possible at all?

IMG_4503.jpeg

Edited by JinxDuh

• Supporters

According to this 

the end cap should screw off. You may just have to apply some heat to the tube or just y'know....brute force.

https://imgur.com/a/iITkH

22 minutes ago, Lozart said:

According to this 

the end cap should screw off. You may just have to apply some heat to the tube or just y'know....brute force.

https://imgur.com/a/iITkH

Yeah I saw that, so it confirms it can come off. I’ve tried a heat gun but no luck, brute force also failed. It seems like the parts are all molded together but that’s illogical 😅

• Supporters
2 hours ago, JinxDuh said:

Yeah I saw that, so it confirms it can come off. I’ve tried a heat gun but no luck, brute force also failed. It seems like the parts are all molded together but that’s illogical 😅

I've got a couple like that, they're clearly made of assembled parts but just refuse to come apart.

30 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Strip it to the last two parts (tube & end cap)

Dump it in a bowl of scalding water

Then, long nose pliers in the grooves on the end cap whilst holding the tube with a towel

Thats how I got my old one apart

Brilliant, I'll give that a go!

18 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Strip it to the last two parts (tube & end cap)

Dump it in a bowl of scalding water

Then, long nose pliers in the grooves on the end cap whilst holding the tube with a towel

Thats how I got my old one apart

Unfortunately this also didn’t work 😅 Even stuck it in a saucepan whilst it boiled and still can’t get the fecker off 

15 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

Unfortunately this also didn’t work 😅 Even stuck it in a saucepan whilst it boiled and still can’t get the fecker off 

Did you leave it long enough? Last time I had a particularly difficult to remove flash hider. Left it in boiled water for about ten minutes

Then used an oven glove to remove it. 

2 hours ago, DerDer said:

Did you leave it long enough? Last time I had a particularly difficult to remove flash hider. Left it in boiled water for about ten minutes

Then used an oven glove to remove it. 

Yeah I kept it in for about ten minutes. I think the previous owner may have melted the thread or something. I’ve accepted defeat! 🤣

6 minutes ago, DerDer said:

That's very annoying.  Unfortunately the occasional airsoft project is a write-off. 

I was hoping to get a tracer in it but alas, it seems so! 

Thanks everybody for the help 🙏

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.