Looking for a team

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, everyone!

9 months ago moved to UK. I'm 38, 17 years of airsoft experience (was captain of a team for 12 years), car, own kit (+UKARA), can repair/upgrade AEGs. Looking for a friendly team, preferably, Northern London.

My priorities: friendship, mil-sim, trainings, night games, big/long/complicated games.

Good luck to all!

Denis

Welcome Denis

Honestly your best bet is to attend your local site and chat to people there.

Of course you can tell us where you'll be playing and someone who goes there may chime in or PM you.

Just in case you want to look for a site near you: https://playairsoft.uk/map

Enjoy 👍

Edited by EDcase

To add to the others....go to the events you want to do and chat to people. Find people you get on with that are interested in similar events and stick with them. 

Trying to drag skirmishers to milsims, training or night games just isn't worth the hassle of the effort. The easiest way to find people who are motivated to do the things you like are by meeting them at the events you like/want to do and having a good attitude.

In fact, I'd encourage you to be more wary of a team proactively recruiting....they try to hard, over commit and if they're so keen they'll consider anyone, it'll be filled with anyone....not vetted people. 

Thank you, gents!

Yes, I go for skirmish to various sites to the North of London, but so far cannot establish contact with people. Perhaps too shy 🙂 Good advise, will try to attend a milsim or something alike to speak with people there.

If you rock up to a stirling airsoft event on your own, you'll be put with a group or a group is made from people like you who are on their own or in smaller groups. It's an easy way to get chatting. 

As for chatting at games, can be hard. I have found a few tips help. 

• Compliment people on their game play, good shots, nice move etc all increase the game play. 
  • Ask about their gear/guns,  (be warned, some never shut up if you do that.)
  • I have my first name on a velcro tag on my chest, I think it just makes it easier for people to chat to me etc as they don't have to remember my name or feel awkward if they have forgotten it. 

Also, remember other people are often on their own, know as much or as little as you do and basic questions etc such as "how long do we have for lunch", do we come back between games etc all help to break that ice. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.