Dye I4 VS I4 PRO VS I5? - Any Airsofters Run These?

H0bbsy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Gday All,

Had a quick query, I am a glasses wearer and contacts irritate the shite out of my eyes so ive always gone for a insert route inside glasses whether they be Nuprols or Wiley Xs.

However, in most instances I have still had fogging, usually on the outer lense, whilst my insert remains clear.

I have been considering a full face mask, following a few close shaves and having had a few rogue BBs deflect and get up under the eye pro, was seriously considering a Dye Mask.

For reference I am a bigger fella, 6.3 and about 110kg so I feel I will need a bigger mask, which one would people advise?

Do people run their glasses inside of these comfortably? I understand they do have cut outs to give space for glasses?

Or would a YouZee Prescription Insert be a good option to clip into the goggle and run that instead?

Cheers for your time, Merry xmas and happy hols to all.

My eldest son runs Dye I5s:

image.png.cdff404aced96a4d9e3441e0d8609c02.png

They are on the smaller side of Paintball masks - I can't use glasses with them - but I have a big wide head so I use Empire E-Flexs instead.

image.png.466fffa1f8831afd48c4e84eed980b2c.png

You will probably get some glasses fogging issues under the mask, my middle son and I use goggle fans connected to a poundland powerbank mounted on the goggle strap, which pretty much completely eliminates it.

image.png.4fc1b599540612603e035409c7a82f91.png

Paintball goggles + Fan unit has been by far the best combo that I have found over the years for eliminating fogging when using glasses.

I run a Dye I4 and have only ever had it fog up once in all the years I have been using it. It was on a warmish but extremely humid and wet day when I was running round like a maniac. I solved that issue with a bit of anti fog spray.

However, they are little bulky which means that I can struggle lookinng down the sights of some rifs I use (I can't see through the built in scope of my Aug A1 for example). Other rifs are fine (No problems using sights of my Famas) if I use a ris rail mount that raises the hight of any red dots I use. 

But otherwise, they offer great protection which cover your mouth and ears.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.