Airsoft toolbox ideas

SpacJarrow

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

28 minutes ago, Leo Greer said:

and probably a lot of random things that I’m not remembering…

Looks like you could build a new gat from the contents of your toolbox 😂

• Supporters

I'd say primarily the mat in any given kit needs to be proportional to the depth of tasks that the tools will allow you to undertake; I sometimes feel like safe zones are almost deliberately designed for small parts to get as lost as is possible (they aren't, just feels like it).

I can get on board with something like a multi-tool, tape, maybe allen key set because airsoft guns (especially the ubiquitous AR AEG) are mostly held together with metric allen headed screws and some manufacturers don't tighten stuff up very thoroughly.  More than that though and, as said, you really want to be inside a nice, clean, smooth, clutter free room with no gosh darn holes of any kind in the floor.

Some folks will have specific parts on their specific guns where they know they'll need X or Y on a regular basis for whatever reason, but I'd say a medium flat/cross head and 1-5mm allens cover most things on most airsoft replicas.  Props to some of the folks in here if you've been doing piston changes on site though and saving the day, that's ballsy lol. 

10 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Looks like you could build a new gat from the contents of your toolbox 😂

Exactly.

10 hours ago, Pseudotectonic said:

@Leo Greer just how big is your tool box? That is a lot of stuff

Really not huge. It’s a small briefcase. I should’ve clarified, I bring my kit to safe zones, but mainly it’s for when me and a few buddies drive out into the mountains and play. We happen to know a guy who knows a guy who gave us permission to play on certain public land tracts, and if we drive two hours and something breaks down I like to be able to fix it.

IMG_5152.thumb.jpeg.93940ebdb4dbb6cb11edb37a07e15692.jpeg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.