G&G GR16 Mag Issue (MAJOR)

Guest Marauder211

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest Marauder211

Has anyone else had this issue with one of these mags in their gun (not counting the actual GR16)?

what you are looking at is the air seal nozzle from a Specna Arms V2 gearbox that was installed in my Ares S Class M4 (SKU AR-016), before I go on I had that gearbox installed as I wanted to put a GATE Aster in it, but I digress. What I can surmise is that the extended follower G&G uses in their mags can have a tendency to knock the nozzle and potentially break it. has this happened to anyone else using these mags?

I ordered a new aluminium nozzle from The Cage Airsoft and will be taking it to a tech, when I found my gun wasn't feeding I thought it was a piece of hopup bucking but found it was too hard and brittle. please let me know in the comments.

20231221_110626.jpg

20231221_110629.jpg

Let me get this straight .... you were using a G&G mag in an Ares with a Specna gearbox. The nozzle broke, you think it was the follower that's in the G&G mag that caused it.

My 308 mags have the same follower, but they are designed to work in conjunction with the 'stop on empty' function and this may be where your issue is coming from as I'm presuming your pew doesn't have this and therefore every time your pew cycles when empty, the nozzle hits the follower. In which case you're probably right in your assumption as to how your nozzle broke.

• Supporters

Got to agree, manufacturers allegedly try very hard to match their components, you've thrown 3 non matching brands together & this is the result. 

Had this been more "old skool" tech you would have probably got away with it, but as you've already pointed out, the extended mag follower is part of a much newer tech design feature, limiting it's compatability. 

Thankfully it's just a nozzle, an easy fix but a valuable lesson for everyone who reads the thread. 

Guest Marauder211

Yeah, tbh I do regret having the gearbox changed, if the Gate mosfet was compatible with the original I would've kept it, hell I should've just left the mosfet out but it's done now, luckily I found a mag that works. The G&G mags have never caused an issue until now and were the only mags that worked post change, but yeah this is a lesson learned.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.