Magazine compatability question

The DrabOlive

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I want to get a AA R608 Hi Capa and I already have mags for a SRC Baba Yaga. Both are green gas so I want to know if my Baba Yaga mags will work in the AA. If anyone could shed some light on this you'd make me much poorer once I decide to either buy the gun or buy it with several mags! Thanks! 

3 minutes ago, Lozart said:

They might, but if they don't you just need some extra mags. No big deal really.

Tell that to my wallet! I've already bought 2 extra mags for Baba Yaga and then I saw the AA and it was love at first sight! I'll probably get the mags anyway since they have the Taran Tactical trades which look kinda cool. 

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, The DrabOlive said:

Tell that to my wallet! I've already bought 2 extra mags for Baba Yaga and then I saw the AA and it was love at first sight! I'll probably get the mags anyway since they have the Taran Tactical trades which look kinda cool. 

Welcome to airsoft.

2 hours ago, woody_2231 said:

SRC mags does work. However, SRC is the worst in terms of quality

So should I get the mags that come with the r608 then? Honestly I was going to get them since I've heard less-than-stellar things about SRC. The gun is gorgeous, but the reputation is not. 

Oh well, the AA r608 mags have the TT baseplate, so that me happy! 

1 hour ago, The DrabOlive said:

So should I get the mags that come with the r608 then?

Yes. AA mags are the cheapest on the market and they work great in my experience. 

Also, why do you think that AA's reputation is bad? AA hi capa clones perform well and are quite competitive to other metal slide clones.

Edited by woody_2231

Pure coincidence, but received a second hand AA R604 today. Annoyingly, it turns out that none of my WE 5.1 hicapa mags work in it, only the AA mag it came with (obviously) and....the mag that came with my ASG Combat Master (which i believe is OEM'd by SRC/is a branded babayaga).

It was light striking on all the WE mags (possible solution an uprated hammer spring?).

3 hours ago, woody_2231 said:

Yes. AA mags are the cheapest on the market and they work great in my experience. 

Also, why do you think that AA's reputation is bad? AA hi capa clones perform well and are quite competitive to other metal slide clones.

My opinion of AA has been entirely informed by comments from YouTube and reddit and forums. I read so much before buying a gun that half the time the Internet convinces me to give up airsoft ing completely, never mind buying a gun! 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.