LCT M60 Series.

DerDer

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Was recently looking at LCT's facebook page. At the end of the calendar preview, they would seem to have a promotion for a M60 series.

Including the Vietnam "pig", as well as a few more contemporary models. One looks like the Danish E6.  Only a screen grab, imagine we will get more info later.

Possibly the MOA show? The company had a classic M60 in the past albeit a limited production one. 

M60.thumb.jpg.e8b7b8f18638ed986132bffa6c082b2a.jpg

45 minutes ago, rj1986 said:

Hope it doesn't suck balls, and is under 4 figures - which i doubt as the 2013 models were super expensive.

Imagine it will be a similar price to their older line, as you mentioned. Fire support have it listed as £1349. Could see them charging similar again. 

The Bullgear PKM hop up unit was compatible with some M60 models. So if the hop up unit is dreck, that's another option.

The company teased a HK21 in the past but imagine the M60 would be a better seller.  Will be disappointed when LCT display a teaser and then bring to market an AEG, faster than King Arms and their FN FAL re-release.  

Still will give the Taiwanese company credit, a higher quality M60 would be a nice alternative to A&K offerings. Also a M60E3 would be an expensive but more readily available alternative to the Inokatsu of years gone by. 

I think there is a market now for more "upmarket" guns - look at the tm mk46, the GBLS, Silverback HTI's, VFC m249 and so on. It just needs a company to bite the bullet and make something with a thin margin, or eye watering price tag.

I suppose it's like when people say "I want a 2 seater, v6, manual, RWD, British made car". Then someone decides to, spunks millions in manufacturing. And then sells about 14 of them, whilst everyone who piped up goes and buys a Golf.

From top to bottom, looks like an original M60, the M60E3 (if so, the first time since TOP made one), the M60E4 in MK43 Mod 0 flavour, and the M60E4 in MK43 Mod 1 flavour. Although looks like they are opting to not reproduce the authentic modern Mod 1 top cover and are yet again going with the older style cover with a rail bolted on.

LCT used to make M60's but they've been OOP for a while, so this must be a reboot.

Lambda Defence did make a teaser post about an M60E6 conversion earlier this year, but it was quite a while ago and nothing since.

2 hours ago, Arclaw said:

From top to bottom, looks like an original M60, the M60E3 (if so, the first time since TOP made one), the M60E4 in MK43 Mod 0 flavour, and the M60E4 in MK43 Mod 1 flavour. Although looks like they are opting to not reproduce the authentic modern Mod 1 top cover and are yet again going with the older style cover with a rail bolted on.

LCT used to make M60's but they've been OOP for a while, so this must be a reboot.

Lambda Defence did make a teaser post about an M60E6 conversion earlier this year, but it was quite a while ago and nothing since.

On closer inspection, you are correct.  Mixed up the MK43 with an E6. 

Out of the four models, the E3 is the standout. Would be great to see one on the skirmish field. 

Imagine Lambda defence is tied up with their new B&T Smgs and GPMG series.  Still if the LCT gets a bit of traction, they might end up releasing a conversion kit. If I was coughing up the big bucks, a LCT based model might be preferable to an A&K model. Time will tell. 

Edited by DerDer
Names mix-up.

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/12/2023 at 23:33, hunter511 said:

Just a shame about LCT's pricing if the RPD is anything to go by

Imagine it will be similar to it or the PKP for the final price tag. Here's hoping the box mag is somewhat decent, as it can make or break a support gun's effectiveness. 

The LCT box mags on the original is rather lacking. It's basically an M16 hicap with an electric winder. The gun is beautiful and perfect for living history groups or vehicle decoration. It shoots like any other AEG. The simple fact is the A&K will out shoot it and keep chugging along for thousands of rounds. The LCT needs more of a bust as the magazine can't really keep up. So will I be picking up an long E3? Probably yes because it will plug a historical gap and will look fantastic. Would I buy one as the best option for a support gun? Nope.

Although I hate the fact the E3 is now considered a historical gun. Shit I'm getting old.

My hope would be that Bullgear might fill the void with a decent box mag insert. The make fittings for the LCT RPK, RPD and RPK 16 drum mags. They also make an M60 offering.

Sadly imagine LCT will likely just recycle their old offerings. It has taken them an eternity to introduce mosfets and quick change gearboxes.

So as you correctly point, it will probably be worse performing than a A&K. At about treble the cost.  Still the E3 is sweet looking. 

One thing to consider though... If they are producing another run of the original M60, they normally have a rather comprehensive range of spares. So if you wanted a proper hanger bracket and trigger group for the A&K it may be available. Not cheap, but cheaper than buying a full gun! 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.