MW2 AK - AK-47 with side rail mount?

TheFull9

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I kinda want to do either the 'M4A1' or AK-47 from MW2 2009 and while the AR is pretty easy to closely replicate the AK seems a lot harder.  I found a picture of a really well done effort:

5fbkw4kbjngy.png.e2b60e2d3b44af3cdf328ceb6c8260db.png

In the game (remaster, but it's accurate to the fuzzy model in the original):

wi8c7hvh0qh81-816x459.png

I cannot find a 47 with a side rail though, which makes sense in terms of replicating real rifles but given the random non-existent variants that do get made I was initially hopeful.  I don't want to do an M as a base.

I did learn basic riveting long long ago, but I'm yet to see a home-applied AK side mount on an airsoft gun so I'm sceptical of that tbh.

This is probably more a thought/discussion exercise than anything tbh, but if anyone does have any thoughts I'd be interested to hear them.

• Supporters

You dont have to rivet, you can get threaded side rails just drill a couple holes and bolt on, ofc if you want to rivet for authenticity that's fine.

Alignment wise the one i did years ago went very much with the "eh, looks square to me guvnor" approach and i cant say i had any issues with getting airsoft grade scopes to zero. But maybe my eyecrometers are better calibrated than i thought.

I have an LCT AIMS, which I have the LCT buttstock adaptor for. Just change the handguards for polymer, put on a dovetail scope mount and add the correct stock, sounds like it would match nicely to the pic 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.