Flip-to-side magnifier options

SSPKali

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Having played at Warzone last weekend I realised my elderly eyes need some help on PIDing people at a distance.

I have a Vortex red dot on the MWS and the obvious choice was the Vortex mini flip to side 3x …except it is £300!

So there are others available for £50-100 which is probably the cost of a basic scope but without the hassle of swapping out and re-zeroing.

So what alternatives do people recommend? Any brands to avoid like the plague?

thanks, Mr Magoo 😂

The magnifier itself its a bit of a crab shoot, even the Eotech and Aimpoint offerings are still a bit lacklustre with the eye relief. Surprisingly the Eotech G45 had the best eye relief and its the most powerful at 5x. EG Tactical or Holly Warrior 2022 versions seem to have the best glass for rip offs of the above.  

Ref the mount. If you can get on with the height I would go with the Unity rip off OMNI FTC (flip to centre) mount and pair it with a fast mount for your Vortex as having stuff hanging to the right or left is just a PITA. 

Below image is an older version with a G33 mount but you get the idea.  

20230927_163024.jpg

Good vid with info on the mounts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOXLnRPJhsA&ab_channel=WarriorPoetSociety

Edited by Chev Chelios
Added vid.

I have the Vortex x3 mini-magnifier... Pricey, but clarity of the glass is great and the flip mechanism is strong & sturdy and will take a lot of knocks.  + goes without saying...anything goes wrong with it, can't beat their no quibble warrantly.  (Had my Vortex x1 prism optic sorted within 5 days when I knackered the battery cap)  

Have had the flip sight last few years, been used on multiple guns and scratched and scored...but glass is still perfect.

But if you don't want to go real steel...then HOLY WARRIOR products seem to be the most superior repo stuff out there. :)

232378079_10158371634354142_5781299694374038647_n.jpg

• Supporters

Vector Optics magnifier is very good for the money. Here's mine on my M4 with knock off Unity FTC mount:

image.thumb.jpeg.b320115a422497a26c7c17c3151d1ee0.jpeg

On 01/10/2023 at 21:27, Monkman said:

I have the Vortex x3 mini-magnifier... Pricey, but clarity of the glass is great and the flip mechanism is strong & sturdy and will take a lot of knocks.  + goes without saying...anything goes wrong with it, can't beat their no quibble warrantly.  (Had my Vortex x1 prism optic sorted within 5 days when I knackered the battery cap)  

Have had the flip sight last few years, been used on multiple guns and scratched and scored...but glass is still perfect.

But if you don't want to go real steel...then HOLY WARRIOR products seem to be the most superior repo stuff out there. :)

232378079_10158371634354142_5781299694374038647_n.jpg

What's the clothes peg for?

2 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

What's the clothes peg for?

Hillbilly NVG mount.....he dangles a carrot off it 🤣

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.