Invader Gear Plate Carrier Question

C-Diddy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

In my son's never-ending quest to selfishly swallow up my airsoft funds to boost his own collection, the latest request was for a plate carrier.

He's been running a TMC Spiritus clone, which has been great, but the lure of resembling a Tier 1 door-kicker is too much I guess. Cheers CoD!

Anyway, after a quick search, and preferring quick-release style instead of velcro cummerbund, I got him an Invader Gear QRB carrier in Vegetato (he's classy). My thinking was I could attach the chest rig chassis to the PC and  not need to splash out on an additional placard or pouches.

However, Invader Gear seem to have used really odd swift clips that don't play nicely with any others. 

I reckon it's probably easier to replace the swift clips for the usual universal ones, but thought I'd see if any of you have any experience with Invader PCs/pouches and know of any compatible gear?

2 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

However, Invader Gear seem to have used really odd swift clips that don't play nicely with any others.

Viper Vx stuff has a similar issue in that they also have non-compatible clips - but the viper ones could be modded to remove a sliver of plastic on the sides of the clip. This allowed me to attach a chest rig to a Thing2 clone.

But a replacement set of split buckles only cost a few quid from Aliexpress;

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004716250891.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.5.4bc93682OmyllU&pdp_npi=3%40dis!GBP!£1.61!£0.41!!!!!%40211b88f116953077730546629e86d4!12000030212331773!sh!UK!1772341666

Edited by Speedbird_666

Just a thought but... velcro blanks for Osprey mkIV body armour is only about £1 from fleabay.

I'm a fat lad & with cumberbunds fitted left me with about a yard of velcro to rip off, I added a couple of blanks to each side & it's secure but easy peasy to take off.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.