S10 Gas Mask help

JinxDuh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Had these bloody poly lenses for about a year now, and every now and then try to fit them into my s10 and every time end up with sore thumbs, a lot of swearing and still no lenses replaced.

Anybody done the conversion and want to share some tips on getting the bleedin' outer rings back onto the s10 gas mask lenses? Tried warming them up in boiling water, microwave, putting it face down on the table and pressing etc...

Picture isn't mine, obviously. If it was, I wouldn't be asking

Umbrella Corp gas mask by 4thWallDesign on DeviantArt

4 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

Does this help...

No. I've looked at most of the youtube videos, and that's the video linked from the seller in the items description. He just effortlessly pushes them in, and it's absolute bullsh*t! 😂

I sent the guy a message on ebay and he's offered to fit them for me as long as I pay return postage so fingers crossed. 😁

Can you do it like you’d do old windscreen rubbers? Run a cord in the channel and then put it in place, pull the cord out via the other side and it pulls the rubber into place.

That make any sense?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.