Show me your stock…

Hotweeweejef

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening all,

I’m wanting to change the standard stock on my Krytac SPR as I find myself shouldering the rifle quite high and while the bottom of the butt pad is quite angular, it sort of digs in just below my collarbone. Yeah yeah I know that I’m probably being a bit soft, first world problems etc. 

A friend of my has just bought himself a Double Eagle M904E and the stock on that has a lovely little angled bit at the bottom, which is just so much more comfortable to shoulder! 

So, looking for a bit of inspiration really.

Needs to look good, be reasonably easy to get hold of, and preferably not cost a fortune as I’ve already spent waaaaaaaay too much on gear this month 😆

• Supporters

Yep, it's airsoft so your definitely soft as shit 😜

But the spr stock isn't what you'd call "pretty", which in itself is a good enough reason to change it. 

Lots of options, I quite like the ace series of stocks, I've got the socom sliding version as well as the longer fixed type, which looks good on longer dmr style guns. 

Alternatively you could consider an old skool m16 style stock, will give you massive battery capacity space. 

Depends what you like, the modern stocks like on the 904e look OK, but I'm not sure how solid they are when extended, nor how they'd hold up over time ? 

Edit: my bad, I'm thinking of the 904g style stock, look a bit spindly when extended. 

Edited by Tackle

9 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Yep, it's airsoft so your definitely soft as shit 😜

But the spr stock isn't what you'd call "pretty", which in itself is a good enough reason to change it. 

Lots of options, I quite like the ace series of stocks, I've got the socom sliding version as well as the longer fixed type, which looks good on longer dmr style guns. 

Alternatively you could consider an old skool m16 style stock, will give you massive battery capacity space. 

Depends what you like, the modern stocks like on the 904e look OK, but I'm not sure how solid they are when extended, nor how they'd hold up over time ? 

Edit: my bad, I'm thinking of the 904g style stock, look a bit spindly when extended. 

Well it is airSOFT after all 💁‍♂️🤣

Yeah the look of the SPR stock is another reason for wanting to changing it up. Same goes for the charging handle…great RIF but let down by a few cosmetic bits in my opinion. 

Will have a look at the the ones you suggested. Definitely prefer a sliding option if possible. 

Yeah, I agree the M904G stock does look a bit flimsy but I’ve got to say, the quality of M904E as a whole seems excellent for the money! 

I had to google the Krytac SPR to see what it was & would any other M16/M4 butt stock fit on that style of buffer tube?

If it soes then you're limited to a gazillion replacements that will fit.

If it won't fit then I refer you to my previous snide (but meant in fun) comment.

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, Hotweeweejef said:

Well it is airSOFT after all 💁‍♂️🤣

Yeah the look of the SPR stock is another reason for wanting to changing it up. Same goes for the charging handle…great RIF but let down by a few cosmetic bits in my opinion. 

Will have a look at the the ones you suggested. Definitely prefer a sliding option if possible. 

Yeah, I agree the M904G stock does look a bit flimsy but I’ve got to say, the quality of M904E as a whole seems excellent for the money! 

If it helps, here's a pic of the madbull ace stocks, I've got the bottom left & bottom right (which slides) 

ace_stocksRESIZE1.jpg

26 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

I had to google the Krytac SPR to see what it was & would any other M16/M4 butt stock fit on that style of buffer tube?

If it soes then you're limited to a gazillion replacements that will fit.

If it won't fit then I refer you to my previous snide (but meant in fun) comment.

Yeah as far as I know it’s a standard m4 style buffer tube so most things should fit, trouble is, there’s so much choice that it’s hard to know what’s good. So many knock offs, and knock offs of knock offs…

Just looking for a bit of inspiration and/or recommendations really. 

If all else fails, I’ll use your previous suggestion 😆

10 minutes ago, Tackle said:

If it helps, here's a pic of the madbull ace stocks, I've got the bottom left & bottom right (which slides) 

ace_stocksRESIZE1.jpg

That ultra lite looks pretty tasty but not sure how battery friendly it would be 🤔

• Supporters

Not sure, but if that's a look you like, there's a budget option that might fit your current stock tube

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/d-day-ar-minimalist-stock

Strike Industries Mod 1 (or it's knock off equivalent) stock might interest you.

I hated my Krytac stock so I just swapped it to a Magpul CTR Style stock. Only annoying thing was having to find a battery that'd fit the buffer tube. I bought an Amazon special 11.1v LiPo and have since used that for my M4 style rifles as they all have CTR style stocks on them.

Edited by MrTea

I want to swap my stock too! Personally quite like a the magpul style CTR and STR stocks but I'm not sure if I'll be able to fit my crane battery into them. At the moment I've a 'stock' VFC QRS stock which is ok looks wise but wobbles like fuck despite my tinkering which is annoying

25 minutes ago, MrTea said:

Strike Industries Mod 1 (or it's knock off equivalent) stock might interest you.

I hated my Krytac stock so I just swapped it to a Magpul CTR Style stock. Only annoying thing was having to find a battery that'd fit the buffer tube. I bought an Amazon special 11.1v LiPo and have since used that for my M4 style rifles as they all have CTR style stocks on them.

That looks like something I could get on with… will have a look for a cheap clone.

As you say it’s the battery storage that’s the problem with the minimalist stocks. Just bought new batteries too… 🤦‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Beorn said:

I want to swap my stock too! Personally quite like a the magpul style CTR and STR stocks but I'm not sure if I'll be able to fit my crane battery into them. At the moment I've a 'stock' VFC QRS stock which is ok looks wise but wobbles like fuck despite my tinkering which is annoying

This is another thing, I don’t want to spend money on something that’s going to rattle like a MF…

What’s the deal with mil-spec stuff?

51 minutes ago, Hotweeweejef said:

That looks like something I could get on with… will have a look for a cheap clone.

As you say it’s the battery storage that’s the problem with the minimalist stocks. Just bought new batteries too…

I use this battery however it's showing as no longer available so you may need to take the dimensions from this listing and use others on Amazon. If you have prime, you can order them with free delivery and their returns (if it doesn't fit) are super easy.

The Strike Industries stocks are hard to find in stock. The main retailer won't ship to the UK from their shipping options and I can't find it anywhere other than Brownells who are asking £79.90. Specshop.pl are asking €93.75. I have a Strike Industries stock in my spares box. I'm surprised owners aren't trying to sell theirs at a huge premium.

51 minutes ago, Hotweeweejef said:

This is another thing, I don’t want to spend money on something that’s going to rattle like a MF…

What’s the deal with mil-spec stuff?

So you have mil-spec and com (commercial)-spec. Krytac, I believe, is mil-spec. Here's a comparison of the two. To fix any inaccuracies in measurements I use the 'soft' side of velcro on my buffer tube and force the stock onto it. Here's a couple pictures of my Krytac LVOA-C for reference. It wobbles a bit from left to right, only slightly but it doesn't "rattle like a MF". I had to do the same on my Specna Arms Mk18 custom build.

IMG_20230908_223908.jpg

IMG_20230908_224207.jpg

Edited by MrTea

19 hours ago, MrTea said:

I use this battery however it's showing as no longer available so you may need to take the dimensions from this listing and use others on Amazon. If you have prime, you can order them with free delivery and their returns (if it doesn't fit) are super easy.

The Strike Industries stocks are hard to find in stock. The main retailer won't ship to the UK from their shipping options and I can't find it anywhere other than Brownells who are asking £79.90. Specshop.pl are asking €93.75. I have a Strike Industries stock in my spares box. I'm surprised owners aren't trying to sell theirs at a huge premium.

So you have mil-spec and com (commercial)-spec. Krytac, I believe, is mil-spec. Here's a comparison of the two. To fix any inaccuracies in measurements I use the 'soft' side of velcro on my buffer tube and force the stock onto it. Here's a couple pictures of my Krytac LVOA-C for reference. It wobbles a bit from left to right, only slightly but it doesn't "rattle like a MF". I had to do the same on my Specna Arms Mk18 custom build.

IMG_20230908_223908.jpg

IMG_20230908_224207.jpg

Had this issue with my CTR stock, didn't know what to do about it... What a fantastic idea!

26 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

Had this issue with my CTR stock, didn't know what to do about it... What a fantastic idea!

I used the thicker stuff in Halfords, the velcro in the while/black box.

On 08/09/2023 at 22:47, MrTea said:

IMG_20230908_223908.jpg

IMG_20230908_224207.jpg

Thanks for all the info there. Really helpful stuff. 

So I think I’m going to measure my buffer with some verniers and see which option will be best and then have a hunt around for something along the lines of the S.I stock. 

38 minutes ago, Hotweeweejef said:

Thanks for all the info there. Really helpful stuff. 

So I think I’m going to measure my buffer with some verniers and see which option will be best and then have a hunt around for something along the lines of the S.I stock. 

Glad I could help! Like I said, the S.I stocks are (or appear to be) pretty hard to come by and expensive when you do unless you can find a cheap one on the likes of aliexpress or similar. Stock styled like the Magpul CTR are much more plentiful or like @Tackle said, the D-Day minimalist (or similar) stocks will fit your needs.

On 08/09/2023 at 20:18, Tackle said:

I'm thinking of the 904g style stock

if you mean this one - https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/double-eagle-m904g-honey-badger-w-fire-control-system-edition, then it's actually pretty sturdy - the issue is the stupid end cap is easy to break, and battery options are a little limited, but there are extensions available that are equally rubbish.

I don't like the look of it and would prefer to change it too, but standalone Stocks seem horribly overpriced and I don't know what would be a direct fit.

I find the cable length more of an issue than battery size in my honeybadger but I run https://www.vapextech.co.uk/airsoft-7-4v-850mah-30c-lipo-battery-with-case-lp007-vapextech on most of my rif's

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.