Umarex (VFC) Glock 17 Gen 4 Hop-up upgrade issue

C-Diddy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Although I rarely use my sidearm, an original release Umarex Glock 17 Gen 4, I decided that when I do I'd like it to spit BBs further than the 20m it manages. I figured changing the hop chamber and barrel would be an easy win, so scouring the depths of Google, decided on the Maple Leaf drop in set with the Crazy Jet barrel. 

I ordered the version suitable for TM/WE and VFC versions and it arrived yesterday. After fitting it, loading a mag and racking the slide, I was poised with the chrono ready to be amazed. Sadly, pulling the trigger results in a massive release of gas followed by a BB begrudgingly dribbling out of the barrel. Absolutely zero power behind it. 

To me it seems like the nozzle is not a good fit for in hop chamber, and I think this is where the gas is being lost. I will try the barrel with the OG hop chamber at the weekend, but I'm open to any advice from the masses.

Oh, and for control purposes, I also tried it in my son's Glock, which is the same make and model, but bought this year. Same results. 

• Supporters

is it running an autobot/other ml bucking with the metal c clip?

the c-clip maple leaf uses is a neat idea, and great for enhancing seal on some platforms, but if the nozzle is already a tight fit then it can cause the nozzle to fail to seat properly meaning it sits rearward of its usual position.

if you can force the slide a little further forward after cycling with the resulting shot being decent velocity this might be whats happening.

if it is, then removing the metal c-clip around the bucking will loosen it up, although possibly enough to flip the other way and give a more conventional poor sealing issue.

Solid 20 meter isn't bad from a gbb pistol to be honest. You can do only so much with a metal slided sidearm which has a 90mm inner barrel and can produce average 300ish fps.

Ofc there are some exceptions regarding pistols able to hit crazy distances like an NBB Mk. 23 or an AAP-01 built into a carbine kit and using as a DMR but that's a different topic.

I put this into my G45 and didn't have venting issues. Could your nozzle stuck on the gas route seal?

The impression I get is the nozzle seal is loose, so that's where the gas is venting.

This is the set I bought. 

Going to have a little play around with it over the weekend to see if I can sort it.

The hop chamber is the issue. Put the barrel and rubber into the stock chamber and works perfectly. Lesson learnt.

Anyone wanting a nearly new, ML hop chamber, adjustment wheel, hop arm and I-key, hit me up for a TM/WE Glock, hit me up 🤣

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/08/2023 at 19:12, C-Diddy said:

The hop chamber is the issue. Put the barrel and rubber into the stock chamber and works perfectly. Lesson learnt.

Anyone wanting a nearly new, ML hop chamber, adjustment wheel, hop arm and I-key, hit me up for a TM/WE Glock, hit me up 🤣

Hi!

You saved me from an unnecessary expense. I've got Umarex G17 Gen4 CO2 and planned to upgrade the chamber for the linked ML. (my problem is its innaccuracy) There is Posseidon Striker chamber for Elite Force G17 Gen4: Poseidon Striker Hop Up Chamber Kit for Gas Blowback Pistols (Model: Elite Force GLOCK 17), Accessories & Parts, Gas Gun Parts, Gas Gun Hop-Up - Evike.com Airsoft Superstore

Would that be good for an Umarex G17 Gen4?

3 minutes ago, Levi_T said:

Hi!

You saved me from an unnecessary expense. I've got Umarex G17 Gen4 CO2 and planned to upgrade the chamber for the linked ML. (my problem is its innaccuracy) There is Posseidon Striker chamber for Elite Force G17 Gen4: Poseidon Striker Hop Up Chamber Kit for Gas Blowback Pistols (Model: Elite Force GLOCK 17), Accessories & Parts, Gas Gun Parts, Gas Gun Hop-Up - Evike.com Airsoft Superstore

Would that be good for an Umarex G17 Gen4?

Mine is the same model! 

I've seen the Poseidon kits and they look to be more suitable. I only wish I'd seen them before shelling out almost £60 for what has turned out to be a replacement barrel and hop rubber 😂

If you take the plunge and get the Poseidon, let me know how you get on.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.