G&G "FN2000" serial number A00001

Defender90

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

OK, so does this serial number mean anything?

I bought it non working at an auction at LAC's The Farm, apparently it belonged to an old guy who collected and had had to give up ether due to ill health or he had passed. I've not seen anything in google image searches, all of them either have later serial numbers or not at all.

It's black, in good condition, no "Real Steel" trades, marked Model G2010. Could it really be No1? And what's it worth?

It's now been serviced by a good local tech* and he did a great job.

It works well with the recommended Maple Leaf 60 degree, reaches out very nicely and now the rubber is worn in it gives me a nice little range advantage over the average AEG. (First time out with it I was picking off a group trying to flank us and as they tried moved out of range the hop was wearing in, I kept adjusting it and hitting them until they were driven to the edge of the field! I swear I was getting over 60 yards.)

It's nice, compact and swingable straight shooter with a decent length barrel, takes standard AR type mags.

But... Despite that it ticks all my boxes theoretically as the bullpup I've been looking for, I don't find the angle of the pistol grip and front fore end very ergonomic. Why FN made them those strange and uncomfortable angles I can not fathom. Not really sure about the fire selector either. It's good for ambis though, so there's that.

*TheButchersShopAirsoftimage.thumb.jpg.e32d0b46379ce03408b3dd0011f2f111.jpg
image.thumb.jpg.35a30a3d8de919d674a5e0d3c1f3e361.jpg 

Edited by Defender90

• Supporters

Hard to say, I've seen these priced from £120 to £250, & either hang around for ages or are snapped up almost immediately, their essentially Airsoft marmite lol. 

Same goes for the serial number, to the right person it'll be worth double the brand new rrp, but your more cynical buyer might just assume it's had a long & potentially hard life, irrespective of the apparent history of it. 

I know, I'm not helping much, might be an idea to talk to the guy behind "Raresoft" on fb, he's on here too but my minds gone blank to his username, he'll have an idea on how marketable it is ? 

• Supporters

as far as my knowledge of the g&g versions of the f2000 go there were sort of 3 versions:

1. they originally released it as an f2000, only for cybergun who owned the rights to using fn's trademarks to sue g&g

2. g&g re-released the same gun, but with the markings changed to the G2010, which is what you have

3. idk the precise route but you could get cybergun re-branded f2000's which would have the proper fn trademarks

ultimately, it's unlikely that anyone who cares about the serial number isn't going to want the version with the fn trademarks be it original or the cybergun variant. and tbh i can't say even being a cybergun fully licensed variant nets you anything meaningful in terms of secondhand prices, these guns are just too niche for folk to care and tackle's valuation is about the right ballpark.

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

as far as my knowledge of the g&g versions of the f2000 go there were sort of 3 versions:

1. they originally released it as an f2000, only for cybergun who owned the rights to using fn's trademarks to sue g&g

2. g&g re-released the same gun, but with the markings changed to the G2010, which is what you have

3. idk the precise route but you could get cybergun re-branded f2000's which would have the proper fn trademarks.

Don't forget the "4th" (?) variant, the g&g 2010 HUNTER, with the scope shroud covering the top rail, it's the one I've got, but I know feck all about them.

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Don't forget the "4th" (?) variant, the g&g 2010 HUNTER, with the scope shroud covering the top rail, it's the one I've got, but I know feck all about them.

ahh, when i meant variants i was just meaning the different versions with/without trades, as opposed to the railed/hunter versions which afaik were available the whole time.

• Supporters

Lol, told you I knew feck all about them🥴

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

3. idk the precise route but you could get cybergun re-branded f2000's which would have the proper fn trademarks

ultimately, it's unlikely that anyone who cares about the serial number isn't going to want the version with the fn trademarks be it original or the cybergun variant. and tbh i can't say even being a cybergun fully licensed variant nets you anything meaningful in terms of secondhand prices, these guns are just too niche for folk to care and tackle's valuation is about the right ballpark.

So, if the serial number is to be believed, I have the first of their second production run, after they had been sent a scary letter by FN's lawyers presumably.

Markings on airsofts have always been an iffy subject, funny it took Real Steel companies so long to cash in as they are now beginning to do.

3 hours ago, Tackle said:

Hard to say, I've seen these priced from £120 to £250, & either hang around for ages or are snapped up almost immediately, their essentially Airsoft marmite lol. 

Same goes for the serial number, to the right person it'll be worth double the brand new rrp, but your more cynical buyer might just assume it's had a long & potentially hard life, irrespective of the apparent history of it. 

I know, I'm not helping much, might be an idea to talk to the guy behind "Raresoft" on fb, he's on here too but my minds gone blank to his username, he'll have an idea on how marketable it is ? 

Thanks for the Raresoft tip, there's another timesink rabbit hole for me to go down. 😉

Yes it really is a marmite airsoft isn't it!

Despite not knowing about guns at all the rest of the family refuse to touch it when they go to a game. The magazine is in the wrong place apparently and that's the end of the conversation, my sister, my nephew my bro in law are all like "NO! Don't want it."

Even my nephew despite thinking it could be made to look like a "Halo gun" if he glued some things to it, is very leery of it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.