Smart charger recommendations

guyus10

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Did that come with a CYMA or similar?  I regretted every penny that I sunk into NiMh. I mean, it works, but it's old tech, and lithium based batteries deliver higher current, even if the voltage is nominally lower.

If you're not sure that you'll stick with airsoft, I'd suggest using the basic charger that came with it - while carefully monitoring the battery to check that it's not overheating while charging.

If you're going to drop money, I'd recommend that it be on lithium (Li-Po, Li-Fe or even Li-Ion) plus a decent charger like a SkyRC S65 (other options are available).  B6 chargers like the one suggests also work (I have one) but again: they're older tech.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

If you're going to drop money, I'd recommend that it be on lithium (Li-Po, Li-Fe or even Li-Ion) plus a decent charger like a SkyRC S65 (other options are available). 

This.

S65 is very decently priced and will do everything you'll ever need for Airsoft batteries.

https://www.hobbyrc.co.uk/skyrc-s65-65w-6a-ac-balance-charger

Another vote for hobbyrc. They have been my go to for batteries, chargers and a lot of my flight stuff for years.

Skyrc and isdt chargers are what I use. For ease of use the skyrc are great. Isdt has a lot more options but that comes with some complexity.

@guyus10 - that exact battery came with my son's Cyma G36.  I don't know if you've tried it out yet, in our case the battery doesn't last very long at all (think 30 mins or so).  It may just be a duff, we've never actually used it on the field, only for test firing at home.  Both been using LiPos from day one.

If yours is okay, then aside from the decent suggestions above my vote is for the HTRC C240 Duo.  Around £50 and can charge 2 batteries simultaneously.  

If you want to upgrade to LiPos instead of your NiMh then https://www.vapextech.co.uk have proven to be cheap and reliable.  No affiliation but I've used them and have no complaints.

On 11/08/2023 at 20:17, Gunboat Diplomat said:

@guyus10 - that exact battery came with my son's Cyma G36.  I don't know if you've tried it out yet, in our case the battery doesn't last very long at all (think 30 mins or so).  It may just be a duff, we've never actually used it on the field, only for test firing at home.  Both been using LiPos from day one.

If yours is okay, then aside from the decent suggestions above my vote is for the HTRC C240 Duo.  Around £50 and can charge 2 batteries simultaneously.  

If you want to upgrade to LiPos instead of your NiMh then https://www.vapextech.co.uk have proven to be cheap and reliable.  No affiliation but I've used them and have no complaints.

Hey man, 

Thanks for sharing, yeah this is from a cyma AEG haha.

I see I didn't know that, haven't really tested it fully but good to know.

Having said that, what battery would you recommend for lipo? Any direct links would be highly appreciated.

As for the charger, I'll go with the skyrc series as others have said.

Regards,

On 15/08/2023 at 10:24, guyus10 said:

Having said that, what battery would you recommend for lipo? Any direct links would be highly appreciated.

Without knowing your specific gun it's impossible to make any recommendations.  Your choice is going to come down to what will physically fit.  Vapextech are a decent supplier, though I think they may have put their prices up since I last ordered from them.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.