A&K Masada SPR - DMR Theory Crafting

MrTea

32 minutes ago, MrTea said:

I'll take the current setup and use the stock barrel and see what happens to the FPS. Should give an idea as to whether the barrel is causing significant FPS drops.

If this turns out to not be causing large FPS drops, i'll test the airseal afterwards.

Sound good?

Yeah give it a try, I'm fairly confident it's your cylinder type.  What cylinder type did the AEG come with?

7 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

Yeah give it a try, I'm fairly confident it's your cylinder type.  What cylinder type did the AEG come with?

Funnily enough, it's a full/non-ported cylinder. I 100% sure of this as I kept all the parts/spares from this build in it's own box so I didn't get them crossed with anything else.

4 minutes ago, MrTea said:

Funnily enough, it's a full/non-ported cylinder. I 100% sure of this as I kept all the parts/spares from this build in it's own box so I didn't get them crossed with anything else.

The stock inner barrel is 509mm though right?

image.png.3a1bb34e33158878bc677352250d8420.png

Edited by ak2m4

Posted (edited)

@ak2m4 Measured at 480mm. This doesn't mean the person who owned it before me changed anything but why would they go for a shorter brass inner barrel?

Edited by MrTea

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, MrTea said:

@ak2m4 Measured at 480mm. This doesn't mean the person who owned it before me changed anything but why would they go for a shorter brass inner barrel?

Because they're stupid?

Don't assume that anyone that worked on your gun before you knew what they were doing!

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Because they're stupid?

Don't assume that anyone that worked on your gun before you knew what they were doing!

If memory serves, there was nothing done to the RIF unless it had been reversed prior to being sold. I don't think i've got the guys discord anymore either annoyingly so I can't ask.

Edit: I do have it and have shot them a message.

Edited by MrTea