A&K Masada SPR - DMR Theory Crafting

MrTea

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

10 hours ago, Leo Greer said:

I have no clue where AirsoftPro falls on the lineup of Tawain/China/HK, but they all have different specs, courtesy of the wonderful airsoft industry.

It's a 1:1 copy of the stock A&K hop unit but CNC aluminium. IIRC A&K is a Chinese brand.

Prommy should fit as well (I’d recommend purple), but they tend to be kinda expensive.

I managed to find a Prommy purple (just in case I fuck up adjusting the ML hop rubber) and the pack of soft/hard flat nubs for £24. Will be a nice backup and if not needed just sit in my spares until next time :)

For a nub, I usually just use a piece of 8mm tubing cut into a rectangular patch, glued to the hop arm. This creates a concave contact patch and ultimately a similar effect to an MR. Hop that works with any rubber and barrel. You can adjust the height by either sanding it or adding layers of tape. Or you can simply cut your own nub out of hard plastic using small files. It can be flat or concave, either works. Then attach it to your hop arm (maybe sand the hop arm flat), with superglue.

That's a nice bit of info going forward, cheers.

12 hours ago, Leo Greer said:

I have no clue where AirsoftPro falls on the lineup of Tawain/China/HK

They are in the Czech Republic.

1 hour ago, Colin Allen said:

They are in the Czech Republic.

The question is what specs they're using. Chinese/Japanese/older units are often designed for thinner, shorter rubbers, whereas Taiwan/HK/newer units are often designed for thicker rubbers with longer lips. If it's a perfect 1-1 copy of the A&K unit that'd be awesome, and it should work better with the Prommy rubbers, Modify rubbers, and PDI rubbers, though @MrTea will be able to tell us more as he works on it. 🙂

5 hours ago, Leo Greer said:

The question is what specs they're using. Chinese/Japanese/older units are often designed for thinner, shorter rubbers, whereas Taiwan/HK/newer units are often designed for thicker rubbers with longer lips. If it's a perfect 1-1 copy of the A&K unit that'd be awesome, and it should work better with the Prommy rubbers, Modify rubbers, and PDI rubbers, though @MrTea will be able to tell us more as he works on it. 🙂

Ah, in that case, it definitely prefers the older style rubbers.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.