It's that question again, WoT eM bSeT enGinE?

Skara

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yup, you read it right, I may finally cave in and spend an inconsiderate amount of money on a HPA engine for my AK.

Now, EU prices for bundles are all about €650ish for a balystic smr200 regulator, 0.8L alu bottle, braided line of the most disgusting colour scheme and the choice of engine between the good ol' Redline N7 (the slightly cheaper option), P* F2 and Wolverine Inferno.

Which one would you choose and why?

My goal is to make the ak usable with a relatively high level of efficiency for a 240mm barrel, will be using it mostly in full auto and high caps, with maybe one or two sparse games here and there with midcaps.

I don't think there is any big difference between them. I've got an Inferno with Spartan FCU and it's quite good and air efficient. Polarstar F2 is highly praised by everyone so that can't be bad either. I don't know if N7 is any good.

I'm sure there are some minor technical differences between them (rps, air efficiency, the stuff you can program through the fcu like binary, burst etc.) but end of the day it's about personal preference and what you can afford.

Edited by Krisz

• Supporters

Mans is still a fan of the f2 as a solid all rounder, it'll take some tuning to get the best out of it but it can provide excellent consistency and has a nice range of nozzle/triggerboard combos should you wish to give it a different home.

If you're running it at low energy then a low flow poppet is a worthwhile investment.

It's going into a 247x6.02mm barrel build at 1J, so yeah low flow poppet may be required.

Nozzle length is going to be interesting, since it's a Cyma but runs on E&L length nozzle/hop unit (mistakes were made) and I guess P* chart is in imperial, not metric.

• Supporters
48 minutes ago, Skara said:

It's going into a 247x6.02mm barrel build at 1J, so yeah low flow poppet may be required.

Definately required, very similar setup to what i was running (247 in the m4 and similar in the e&l)

50 minutes ago, Skara said:

Nozzle length is going to be interesting, since it's a Cyma but runs on E&L length nozzle/hop unit (mistakes were made) and I guess P* chart is in imperial, not metric.

I had no issues running the m4 nozzle in the e&l, so you might be fine.

59 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I had no issues running the m4 nozzle in the e&l, so you might be fine.

Interesting. Worst case I'll just chop it off on a lathe (21.25mm M4 AEG nozzle, 20.70mm E&L ak nozzle) or try and figure out what the fuck those guys want for measures.

Balystic SMR200 reg decent? Or should I stick with the cheaper HPR800C all the kits come with? Can both withstand wanker rofs? (Not that I plan to, but once in a while it's okay to be a wanker)

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Skara said:

Interesting. Worst case I'll just chop it off on a lathe (21.25mm M4 AEG nozzle, 20.70mm E&L ak nozzle) or try and figure out what the fuck those guys want for measures.

I have in my memory the f2 has an 11mm stroke of the nozzle, so slightly longer doesnt affect it too much.

2 minutes ago, Skara said:

Balystic SMR200 reg decent? Or should I stick with the cheaper HPR800C all the kits come with? Can both withstand wanker rofs? (Not that I plan to, but once in a while it's okay to be a wanker)

I ran the 800c and cant say i noticed any issues, can't be turned off independant of setting the pressure but otherwise worked well. Certainly kept the jack fed.

The f2 is a bit trickier to get to be real speedy without sacrificing accuracy, it'll handle mid 20's fine but an a10 it isn't.

4 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

The f2 is a bit trickier to get to be real speedy without sacrificing accuracy, it'll handle mid 20's fine but an a10 it isn't.

If it can handle 30/35 I'll be happy, also considering how fussy ak high caps are, I don't think I'll ever run past 25.

Meanwhile I found this chart where it says that an E&L ak requires a #6 nozzle

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, Skara said:

If it can handle 30/35 I'll be happy, also considering how fussy ak high caps are, I don't think I'll ever run past 25.

Dont think i ever managed to push it north of 30, but then i was very much tuning for accuracy and mainly running in semiauto.

It's worth noting that the auto rof doesn't really define the snappyness in semi auto.

Cheapest and easiest? GATE Pulsar and chop the nozzle.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.