DE UTR45 Internal Upgrades

LincolnUTR

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all - Anybody got information or personal knowledge on what the best extended inner barrel, nib and bucking would be for a budget friendly stock DE UTR45, my local field allows up to 1.14J on an AEG. Anything would be helpful, 

All Double Eagle M900's are the same internally, there are a million and one posts here and on Reddit that will give you all the info you'd ever need :) 

3 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

All Double Eagle M900's are the same internally, there are a million and one posts here and on Reddit that will give you all the info you'd ever need :) 

Thanks so much for the help

3 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I think @Stevobeavo covered it in this thread:

Basically, ZCI Plastic Hop Unit, ZCI Barrel, Maple Leaf Macaron and Omega style hub.

Ill check it out, cheers

16 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Basically, ZCI Plastic Hop Unit, ZCI Barrel, Maple Leaf Macaron and Omega style hub.

I did all of this, with the exception of replacing the barrel to my UTR45 - to be honest I find the stock barrel pretty good. The only additional change I have made was to swap out the motor to an SHS High Torque motor. I found the stock motor was adequate, but not great. Changing to the SHS high torque has made it a more satisfying experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Go for the ZCI 6.02 stainless steel barrel. Fitted it to mine and it makes a massive difference.

FYI:

- If you're changing the inner barrel, its worth changing the bucking and nub. I went for the omega nub and macaron 60 degree bucking. But also note that if you change the nub, you will have to change the hop up unit so that the nub fits in the nub arm. Go for the ZCI m4 hop up unit (don't buy fancy Maxx hop up units as they're rubbish)

- If you're planning to extend the inner barrel length (maybe to fit a suppressor or tracer unit) then you may have to change the cylinder inside the gearbox. This is because the port holes are in different places on the cylinder depending on how long the barrel is. The UTR45 has a stock barrel length of 229mm  which is perfectly adequate and is fitted with a Type E cylinder. If you extend the barrel length beyond 250mm, you will need to fit a Type D, C or B cylinder (depending how long you extend it). I never bothered changing the length, only upgraded the material to ZCI stainless steel as it is a compact SMG so think its a bit pointless adding a 200mm suppressor on it but this is just my opinion.

I've done a fair share on my UTR45 and have also came across a few issues with the replica. Feel free to message me and id be happy to advise on anything.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.