Belt kit HPA tank

Dac76

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

Ordered a deadly customs belt kit and was wondering if anyone runs a small tank off the belt.

looking to lighten the load and get rid of unnecessary kit.

if so what are you using to attach it to your rig?

cheers

Danny.

3 hours ago, Dac76 said:

Hi

Ordered a deadly customs belt kit and was wondering if anyone runs a small tank off the belt.

looking to lighten the load and get rid of unnecessary kit.

if so what are you using to attach it to your rig?

cheers

Danny.

I used a pistol HPA setup for some games with a 13ci in a belt pouch.  It was a generic pouch and I cut a hole in the top to close it over the regulator. 

These can also be marketed as water bottle pouches or as ‘dedicated’ pouches available for 13ci & 48ci cylinders (often a general pouch with cross straps to tighten them, and there are also those which are just a grid of webbing straps

Pay close attention to specific pouches for what kind of loop/straps are on the back, MOLLE straps can be used to set as a belt loop, but a horizontal pouch will be awkward on a belt 

IMG_8717.thumb.png.255eace435c3c6263bfbae9a2d40ae59.pngIMG_8718.thumb.png.3b4c42191438ce4f0cf386abbbfb582b.pngIMG_8719.thumb.png.91c8f4a3570b9aa870e6de55a98a546a.png

I've got a generic Viper molle pouch on my belt which holds my 48cl tank quite snuggly.. tomorrow might be the first attempt to actually properly skirmish with it though, so I'll report back if that happens!

Edit:  Here you go... 

35911600_HPAtank.jpg.e29b966f43f09d9382f34e50f28309df.jpg

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

Was hoping to mount it horizontally but as you say it could be awkward!

3 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I've got a generic Viper molle pouch on my belt which holds my 48cl tank quite snuggly.. tomorrow might be the first attempt to actually properly skirmish with it though, so I'll report back if that happens!

Look forward to your feedback mate.

I'd like to hear the feedback too. I wear mine on my back in my SAAV in the water bladder resevoir and don't notice it. I can't help thinking a bottle on a belt would be more intrusive and noticeable, especially f you don't carry anything on your waist currently.

On 01/07/2023 at 18:37, Dac76 said:

Was hoping to mount it horizontally but as you say it could be awkward!

A thing to try would be to test mount it to your belt with elastic bands / tape / straps.

It’s doable to horizontally mount a bottle, but it could be intrusive.  If it is compact such as a 13ci then it could be doable in the right spot 

Back in the day I wanted a horizontal mounted bottle pouch on my vest, but at the time only vertical mounts were available and only limited options

For the type/size/colour I wanted there was only a drop leg vertical pouch (based on a drop leg holster)

So I bought that and cut it up, sewed on some MOLLE straps and then put it on the back of my vest across the shoulders 

Anything lower would umcomfortably cut into my back 

For a belt consider if you are going to lie down, sit down etc and whether the back of the belt is suitable - probably the longest ‘straight’ area of your waist, but uncomfortable to sit on a seat 

Slightly to one side might work 

Try just strapping a bottle to your belt in a few positions and see how it feels.

Sorry @Dac76, for to my Tippmann still not quite skirmish ready (mostly due to me not being able to see well enough with contact lenses / goggles to attempt fine adjustments on small components on the range), I didn't test the bottle in the pouch in battle conditions. 

I do suspect weight will be an issue, the back of my belt is already sagging with the spare BBs I carry at the back.

(I have lost some weight, now slightly less fat... maybe I just need to tighten everything up)

This is my second go a getting it on a belt - the main issue is its size and itll top over if not supported well. 

This is an idogear pouch - i'll find the type later - fitted to my TT_belts err belt. I've added some kydex strips in the molle and this passes all the way through the belt loops as well. Seems to make it very rigid and its also doesn't seem to lean over like my previous one did. That's a 48ci bottle and balystix reg just fits in there nicely. 

The position ends up resting on my left butt cheek, and you can feel it there but at no point on sundays game did it feel awkward or distracting 

20230703_184712.jpg

20230703_184659.jpg

20230703_184650.jpg

Heres the small bladder pouch i had lying around, at the time i didnt have the kydex to work with so no way of helping it be more stable so as you can see in the 2nd pic its leaning over at a jaunty angle 

image.thumb.jpeg.c62e6a69b4b2a1a9bde18e34f41fbe05.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.aa90d1eb64fd717c756ec54e8c1eb1bd.jpeg

I don't have any HPA but picked up a couple of these from feabay for my PLCE collection, these might be big enough to carry air tanks.

British Military Issue Woodland DPM PLCE Empty Double Rifle Grenade Pouch

Edited by gavinkempsell

@gavinkempsell  no criticism implied, but handy hint for you (and any other readers) that when pasting URL links, you can almost always trim off the '?’ and everything after it. That contains meta information that is usually concerned with tracking how you got there, rather than identifying the page you want to get to.  Trimming all that stuff off makes links much shorter and easier to read 👍

4 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

@gavinkempsell  no criticism implied, but handy hint for you (and any other readers) that when pasting URL links, you can almost always trim off the '?’ and everything after it. That contains meta information that is usually concerned with tracking how you got there, rather than identifying the page you want to get to.  Trimming all that stuff off makes links much shorter and easier to read 👍

Cheers

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.