m14 to farqhuar hill rifle

Elbonian prince

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As a huge fan of ww1 guns and bf1 I have always wanted an airsoft farquhar hill rifle.

I've been considering doing this project for a while and I'm just wondering what model / company's m14 would be best to work off.

I've decided not going into the gearbox or any other internals as I've seen how difficult they can be so this will just be a cosmetic change

I'm able to create a custom stock and all the other parts for the rifle but I'm just interested if this is even feasible for this platform of weapons

It would also be useful to know if this would be too much of a money sink, and while I'm aware that the project won't be cheap, I would like to know if this would be too extortionate .

any info would be helpful

Many thanks,

An elbonian prince

fqh rifle.jpg

• Supporters

Whilst i appreciate the dedication, and thoroughly endorse this idea as being fucking awesome, i might be inclined to suggest that if you don't have the confidence to work on a mechbox, this might not bode so well for the mountain of fabrication work that will be involved in such a project.

However, i say that in the hope that i will be proved wrong

• Supporters

As far as which M14 to base it off of, I'd say "a cheap one". So maybe a second hand Cyma. There's an enormous amount of work going to be involved to achieve this though. Given that all you'll really have from the M14 is the gearbox, half the stock and maybe the feed/hop area, there's a whole lot of engineering coming your way!

Best of luck though, should be cool if you do get it done.

Most certainly do able, but you will need to fabricate upper receiver, gas port, you could just create a shroud and use a cut down mid cap (so no new feeding system) you will most likely need to hack up a wood M14 stock(real steel surplus is relatively cheap), you might be able to keep/modify the trigger guard. So you can keep gearbox, outer/ inner barrel, hop unit and lower assembly. All the shapes look relatively simple and you could cold hammer them out of aluminium or cad design and 3d print the upper receiver. This a lot for a novice. But you got to start somewhere.

Edited by BigStew

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.