Golden Eagle m870 gas tank valve misery

pyromancer6

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi lads

This is a complete shot in the dark but after tearing my hair out and searching everywhere I just can't find an answer - what kind of valve key do you need to take this bloody thing out??

image.thumb.jpeg.7ad1716910eb66ab87f73a074f01a1f9.jpeg

Every thread, forum or video I've seen simply says "just use a flathead" (which is impossible as the GE 870 doesn't have slots like the TM 870 which is what every video/post is about) and despite having the parts to repair this thing for literal months at this point I've just been stuck unable to get this bloody valve out.

I tried ordering a valve tool in the vague hopes of it working (pictured below) and while one of the styles is correct it doesn't fit and therefore the valve is still stuck. As it will be forever, apparently.

image.thumb.jpeg.5fb112fe2073a5fdbde22c9457b1f6ba.jpeg

Anybody got any ideas? It's driving me nuts, espcially when the only results that come up with regards to the GE 870 on google are just pages to buy the fucking thing and nothing else.

Cheers

I got this and it worked ‘fine’ (overtime it will mangle the valve head but it worked) - sorry but it’s out of stock on Amazon 

5D413811-001C-416C-ADE0-4A0A2210C394.jpeg

On 24/06/2023 at 19:09, Petew said:

I got this and it worked ‘fine’ (overtime it will mangle the valve head but it worked) - sorry but it’s out of stock on Amazon 

5D413811-001C-416C-ADE0-4A0A2210C394.jpeg

qtx690.png

Yeah, looks the same as the valve key I nabbed and that was in the photo. No dice on mine, unfortunately

Was half thinking of just cutting a tiny slit in both sides so you can fit a flathead in like a TM tank, and considering the TM tanks work fine in the GE 870 I can't see it having any issues.

You could try a set of needle nosed pliers. Open then up so one side goes into the little holes on each side of the valve and then turn it.

On 26/06/2023 at 08:55, Cannonfodder said:

You could try a set of needle nosed pliers. Open then up so one side goes into the little holes on each side of the valve and then turn it.

On 26/06/2023 at 13:06, JimFromHorsham said:

Hook & Pin spanner is what you need .

Ordered a hopefully well sized set of both and I'll just be praying it'll work. Will keep you lads updated, appreciate the help!

Turns out a pair of round-nose pliers was just about perfect for getting the gas tank's main valve off. Ordered em here.

IMG_3573.jpg

Tank went back together lovely [after a few hours soaking the o-rings in abbey silicon oil] and it worked fine on the game day the day after. Or, well - as well as a unmodified gas shotgun "works" out in a woodland field anyway

Now, to ward off the devils trying to get me to drop 300 quid on wiitech upgrade-y bits...

-on my shitty second-hand GE clone that was less than a hundred quid...

• Supporters
2 hours ago, pyromancer6 said:

Turns out a pair of round-nose pliers was just about perfect for getting the gas tank's main valve off. Ordered em here.

Thanks for the follow-up, and apologies for missing this. I'd have suggested a set circlip pliers, which are a generally handy thing to have. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.