Gate X-AXR Alternative/Sources

Dan Robinson

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The mosfet in the boy's Specna has shit itself and needs replacing. 

Are there any better three wire mosfets worth looking at, or should I just get another one? 

Tah muchly. 

Edited by Dan Robinson

58 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

The mosfet in the boy's Specna has shit itself

Yeh - the X-ASRs do that. Especially if you put a few more amps through them (i.e. an upgraded motor).

Don't bother with another one. They are shit. And the wiring setup differs from the Nano-ASR, Nano-HARD, WARFET etc so it's not plug'n'play.

I would go down the Perun Hybrid route personally, but a cheaper option would be to either fit a complete replacement switch/wiring set (non-mosfet - will work for years on a 7.4v LiPo), or fit a cheap simple dumb mosfet (like the nano-ASR) and at least you can easily upgrade to the likes of a WARFET later.

Maybe try the Perun AB++; it has three wires https://perunairsoft.pl/products/ab_plusplus/

Burst control, AB, precocking, ROF control etc.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

Maybe try the Perun AB++; it has three wires https://perunairsoft.pl/products/ab_plusplus/

Yup, it's very well featured for the price. You'll need to do a bit of soldering, but into every life some flux must flow.

4 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

Burst control, AB, precocking, ROF control etc.

It's the pricing that puts me off that one - another £15-20 gets you the excellent Perun Hybrid unit with the wiring already soldered. Should drop into a Specna GB with no fuss.

NanoASRs can be had for £20. Yes, you still have to solder, but the two signal wires is easier to deal with than two power wires plus a signal into the switch for cable routing. Obviously you don't get AB and precocking, but you do get the ability to hot-swap the unit later on if it dies, or you want to upgrade.

But again, for me, the Perun Hybrid is the way to go.

Edit: Looking at the wiring diagrams, you could bodge the AB++ onto the existing X-ASR wiring. Not sure I would want to do that personally but it looks like it could be done.

22 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

It's the pricing that puts me off that one - another £15-20 gets you the excellent Perun Hybrid unit with the wiring already soldered. Should drop into a Specna GB with no fuss.

NanoASRs can be had for £20. Yes, you still have to solder, but the two signal wires is easier to deal with than two power wires plus a signal into the switch for cable routing. Obviously you don't get AB and precocking, but you do get the ability to hot-swap the unit later on if it dies, or you want to upgrade.

But again, for me, the Perun Hybrid is the way to go.

Edit: Looking at the wiring diagrams, you could bodge the AB++ onto the existing X-ASR wiring. Not sure I would want to do that personally but it looks like it could be done.

The question was about three wire mosfets.  I have replaced a three wired mosfet with the AB++ by connecting it to the existing cables; it is a simple soldering job.

5 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

The question was about three wire mosfets.  I have replaced a three wired mosfet with the AB++ by connecting it to the existing cables; it is a simple soldering job.

Yeh - got it in the end, hence my edit.

Thanks for the advice - will take a look at the options.

The AXR didn't get anything through it that it shouldn't, but I think one of the wires came loose where they are soldered onto the PCB and shorted something out, as the plastic protection has started to come adrift too.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.