Please help me!!!

SJCKieran

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I have an arp9 and hardly use it, just for some garden shooting, I haven’t touched it in a good few months and has been kept stored away so now damaged has happened, however once I charged up my battery and tried to fire, I’m getting a very harsh sound and no bb’s fire, I’ve tried adjusting the motor height and having a look to see if the teeth are rounded however this all looks ok, I don’t know what’s wrong, please help!!

Just now, SJCKieran said:

Is that inside the gearbox?

Yep.

It's hard to tell from compressed video audio though. Could very well be a stripped gear (spur or sector).

In either case - it's a strip-down and rebuild job.

Another vote here for a stripped piston or gear.  You are going to have to open it up to find out.

1 hour ago, SJCKieran said:

Hi guys, thanks for your help, I’ve found the piston to be stripped and a quick google search tells me this is common as it’s plastic

Think of a plastic toothed piston as a mechanical fuse; it is better to strip a plastic piston than to have bits of metal detaching themselves at high speed.  Pistons don't fail very often, unless they are made by Ares, but it would be worth checking the angle of engagement (AoE) and for premature engagement, which is what happens when the gears catch the piston before it has travelled the whole way forward after being released..

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.