Is this PCP air-rifle pump suitable for HPA

Matt.2504

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Does anyone know if this pump is suitable for HPA?

looks to be about half the price of any I can find on Airsoft websites

IMG_3674.png

You mean to pump up your gas bottles? Decent quality ones are around the £80-100, so you pay your money and you sweat your b******s off doing it.

Yeah to pump gas bottles.

been Airsofting for over a decade and finally moving to the dark side.

will either be for my DMR or SMG and thinking of just having multiple 13cl bottles as they are lower profile than the bigger ones. 

are you basically saying buy cheap buy twice? 

3 hours ago, Matt.2504 said:

Yes.

I'm an Airgunner too - and I've seen and heard of plenty of the cheapo pumps shit themselves at the local club . They get packaged into 'bundles' when buying new Air rifles , but most end up in the bin. In fact - the only Pump I would consider is made by Hill - but they are seriously pricey. And then there's the effort of actually pumping the bottle up - you'll have arms like popeye in no time at all.

I would highly recommend a dive tank if you can get access to a Dive shop that can refill them. I have a 7L bottle for my airgun (I really must sort myself an HPA Airsoft setup at some point) which is probably big enough for a day of playing by my uninformed guesstimations. HPA shooters can chime whether I'm correct or not in that.

4 hours ago, Matt.2504 said:

Yeah to pump gas bottles.

been Airsofting for over a decade and finally moving to the dark side.

will either be for my DMR or SMG and thinking of just having multiple 13cl bottles as they are lower profile than the bigger ones. 

No, buy an air tank. Pumps are a mugs game, no matter how good they are 

It’s necessary to have serious doubts about cheapness of high pressure items and their reliability 

Let alone why that one claims to go to 6000psi but is cheaper than the 4500psi model, and that it’s short ‘product details’ give different specifications 

https://www.manomano.co.uk/catalogue/p/3-stage-pcp-4500psi-air-rifle-hand-pump-with-pressure-gauge-58884898#tab-description

https://www.manomano.co.uk/catalogue/p/pcp-pump-for-air-gun-3-stage-6000psi-high-pressure-hand-pump-air-rifle-gun-pump-tungsten-steel-with-gauge-for-high-pressure-tires-and-pre-charged-pneumatic-airguns-53871693#tab-description

If they were to be believed then they need inline filters added.

The ideal is to fill air cylinders on site from they compressor system

Next is to have a scuba cylinder which you fill at a dive shop (only fill your playing cylinders to a lesser pressure than the scuba cylinder & top up regularly to maintain the scuba pressure for longer)

Stirrup pumps can be viable, but note that their key market of PCP rifles have small reservoirs 

I have a stirrup pump myself (which didn’t cost that price !) but I also am a founding member captain who can demand that one of my junior peasants gets some exercise if we are in need of some extra air

A couple of key points to bear in mind with stirrup pumps are that:

1) If filling from empty then you have a lot of pumping to do to get to any decent level of pressure 

2) If topping up then first you have to pump the fill hose pressure as high as the cylinders current pressure before it opens the valve

3) If you have been pumping, and need to rest your muscles then if you disconnect/reconnect then you’ll have to pump the fill hose back up to pressure again 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.