Acetech tracers not as described

Madhouse

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Either I'm just unlucky or this is a classic example of airsoft QC in action - or worse if you're feeling cynical.

I'm in the process of returning yet another Acetech tracer that's supposed to auto shut down & shake to wake but actually it doesn't.

That's two Predator Mk3's (they were a few months ago) and a Raider, all with Bifrost M units inside that are advertised with 'intelligent power control' but actually have nothing of the sort. Acetech asked me for a video, so I sent them a 30 minute long one showing that's how long it took to shut down (not 5 mins) and then that it didn't wake up on shaking, but they've now gone ominously quiet. So rather than risk being stuck with the unit, it's going back for a refund.

Will look for something else for the MP7.

• Supporters

I currently have 1 working tracer unit out of 4 that I've received (1 of which was itself a replacement).  2 x dead Lighter-S, 1 x mostly dead Spitfire. They seem super fragile, even by airsoft standards.

I’ve a stand-alone Bifrost unit that’s been pretty good so far, but like you have a hit rate of 1 decent unit out of 4 from Acetech.

The Xcortech I have on the pistol has been fine from the outset.

• Supporters

I have an old ASG B&T tracer unit that has a cracked battery cover held on with electrical tape and it STILL works after at least 8 years of abuse. It may not be USB chargeable or vomit rainbows but it still works....

So I’ve got 2 bifrost, an Acetech lighter S and an old school TM tracer.

the TM tracer is 15 years old, it’s battered. But it works as well as the day I bought it.

My two bifrost have been reliable. I’m not a massive fan of the flash on the front… but they seem to be the most robust.

my lighter S I’ve butchered for a custom project because it’s been hit with a bb and now doesn’t charge properly. It will say it’s fully charged… but I get maybe 20 minutes of use out of it.

generally from what I’ve seen of my own use and on the forums, the small acetech tracers are not really robust enough to be fit for purpose. I’ve never been successful returning one though.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.