I need help with a Specna Arms SA E07 EDGE upgrade

Nuchie

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was thinking of getting the Specna Arms RRA SA E07 Edge and upgrading it with a standard Warhead motor (30k with 11.1v) and either 16:1 or 13:1 ratio gears. I assume I would also need to short stroke it. Would this be possible? 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Nuchie
Title

• Nuchie changed the title to I need help with a Specna Arms SA E07 EDGE upgrade
  • Supporters

Sure, it's possible, Specnas are generic enough.  If you short stroke, you'll also probably want to put a springier spring in to maintain power.  Running on 11.1V, you may experience double shooting on semi, which can be cured by spending less on 7.4V, or more on a mosfet with active braking.

Luke at Negative just put up a piece on the whys and hows of short stroking.  I'm not 100% sure that I agree with his wording on the whys, but he certainly knows his hows.

I

It is definitely possible, I have a C-08 with a 36k warhead black and 13:1 gears.

Keep in mind that the warhead is a very particular motor and requires some considerations:

You NEED to short stroke the gears, the thing cycles so fast that if you don't, you will either PME like crazy or have horrible timing issues, on my C-02 I short stroked by two, on my AK I had to knock 4 teeth off. Removing teeth from the piston isn't necessary, AOE correction isn't necessary on most setups (didn't do it on mine, but I generally don't believe in AOE correction unless it's a mega wanker 50+ RPS DSG setup);

You NEED to trim the tappet plate fin, otherwise you'll run into timing issues where the piston is released when the nozzle is still moving. Don't overdo it or the gun will simply stop feeding. On mine I also reprofiled the whole fin to make the nozzle smooth in its travel, but this step is unnecessary in most cases.

With this in mind, replace the nozzle with a POLYMER one with an o-ring, replace the piston head o-ring while you're at it to ensure proper air seal and maybe take a look at mosfets (Perun Hybrids are great and work really, really well with brushless motors).

If you short stroke you will probably need a stiffer spring, but don't go overboard and order a M150, my guns do 0.99J on shortened M90s with the sole exception being my AK that runs on a M100. To achieve 1.13J I guess a M100/M110 is fine depending on your compression setup.

14 hours ago, Nuchie said:

I was thinking of getting the Specna Arms RRA SA E07 Edge and upgrading it with a standard Warhead motor (30k with 11.1v) and either 16:1 or 13:1 ratio gears. I assume I would also need to short stroke it. Would this be possible? 

Thanks in advance!

Everything is possible as long as you've got money and free time. Just buy the gun and have a feel for it first. It already has a mosfet so you can put an 11.1v lipo on it. Trigger response can't be that bad. If you open your GB you will void your warranty straight away just keep in mind.

You don't have to spend that much money just on a motor to be honest. I bet a proper 22tpa SHS and a 13:1 gear set could be already a good base for trigger response. Also, precocking is needed for snappy builds. If you use your gun as a DMR, I wouldn't worry about precocking. If you use it indoor, precock could mean a huge difference between two shots.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Krisz said:

You don't have to spend that much money just on a motor to be honest. I bet a proper 22tpa SHS and a 13:1 gear set could be already a good base for trigger response. Also, precocking is needed for snappy builds.

True dat. I keep saying it, a pure Chinesium Big Dragon M140, 11.1V, stock gears and a Perun AB++, and my G36C will burst fire right on the limit of what the mag can feed, and the pre-cocked semi-auto response is determined by the vagaries of the V3 trigger.  I could spend another £150 or more on it for zero extra usable performance.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.