Selling gun which requires parts

AGoodJoe

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, new here. I bought a Well MB01 and kitted it out with a ton of new parts (~£470 including Vortex scope), and unfortunately in the process of piecing it back together a small pin (or two) broke inside the bolt. I sunk a lot of money in to this and had to go through customs and tax for the parts but with not being able to use the gun unless I spend ~£50 for a little pin and go through customs again (as you have to buy a pin and screw kit), I feel it's best to sell the gun on for now. I may just purchase the equivalent pre-upgraded L96 straight from Novritsch in the future. 

I just want to know which part of the site I should post the gun in? How should I go about postage? (as I have upgraded the spring and haven't been unable to chronograph it). 

*edit, an m150 spring

**second edit, this isn't the only reason I am selling, the whole reason this came in to my mind is because I have to try and recoup money for house repairs and I havent used the gun in months now.

Thanks!

Edited by AGoodJoe

Place an ad by clicking on your profile (top right) and clicking "New Advert".

image.png.451befaf4cf952db220268687d7e590d.png

Be honest and descriptive in your advert, especially if there are any faults/missing parts/etc.

Ship via Parcel Force Express48. (Thanks @rocketdogbert) Be prepared to print off your own postage label as you'll need to drop it off via your local depot or Post Office and they may not be able to print labels for you if you purchase shipping online. Make sure you provide the tracking number to whoever is buying.

If a part of you still wants to use this gun, which you've clearly put a lot of effort and money into, consider making another thread and asking if there isn't a way to cheaply repair it.

Edited by Herrgh

If it's non-functional you'd want to list it here in the boneyard section (irrelevant of worth, if it doesn't work, it's a boneyard). If it's still functional but requiring parts then here while being as honest as you possibly can about what is required.

Worth noting that you should expect to loose a fair amount on the sale for no other reason than bolt actions just depreciate in value more than pretty much anything else. There is a large difference between 'putting aftermarket parts into a rif' and 'upgrading a rif', the biggest example of that being on bolties. Usual rate for a fully functioning replica is 60-70% of RRP, bolt actions tend to be 50-60%, bolt actions with known issues... I imagine you can see where I'm going with this. Just set your expectations reasonably.

• Supporters

Sorry that it's let you down, and best of luck with the sale, but I would point out that you're going to be offering a non functioning pile of parts for not far short of the price of a new SSG-96, with a warranty.

If you don't manage to find a buyer, and if you have the original parts, then you might consider putting it back to stock and selling it as a working gun, and the parts separately.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.