TM MP7 with ML Bucking

Secret

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I just got a TM MP7 which shoots beautifully but I want to run heavier bb's- 0.3g and the stock bucking can't do it. I had a spare ML 60 degree bucking, I can't remember what one exactly, I think the autobot, which I tried putting in, but can't seem to hop the 0.3s. I'm using the standard barrel and nub so I'm not sure if this is where I'm going wrong (maybe window on barrel is too short) or if I must have installed it incorrectly. Any help with anyone else's experience with this would be greatly appreciated!! I'm using green gas, not sure of the fps as I don't have a chrono

Thanks

Something I've only just worked-out is that you need to ensure the inside of the bucking fits through the barrel window nicely. For example I love 50 degree Flamingo buckings but they don't work in barrels with narrow cuts. I would advise checking that on yours.

Also you would need to pair it with a suitable nub. I know in AEG's a lot of the stock hollow nubs just get squashed if you try to hop heavier ammo.

You may need an I-Key or similar.

Both the Autobot and Decepticon rubbers will fit narrow windows, it's the MRs and other R-Hop shaped patches that won't.

...  having a chrono is very useful for identifying whether changes improve or spoil performance.  This one from @Ak2m4 is cheap, but effective, if you're on a budget

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/ht-x3006-chronograph?search=CHRONO

Argggh, just noticed its Out Of Stock.   They're available at AliExpress if you don't mind a wait

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.