Army Armament R36 (G36C) as a first GBBR

RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Chaps, you may well have seen my G36 thread in the AEG section.   It would be remiss not to at least consider the related but enticingly different option of the same gun but gas powered.

I've got a Tipmann M4 which is still mid-fettle and maybe not yet going to be accurate enough for a full woodland skirmish, but I really do enjoy the bolt slamming back and forth.  I love my GBB pistol too, it's all a bit more exciting than a pure AEG when shooting.

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/army-armament-r36-ar36c-gbb-rifle-w-2x-magazine?pv=19593

(Yeah, it's out of stock there, I have seen it at the same price elsewhere, just couldn't remember which shop off the top of my head)

So apart from the fact I'd have 60 shots, instead of 4-6 hi-cap mags in my belt, and a bit more expense in running it, is it a decent gun?  I know @SheriffHD got one a while back - how's it held out?  Is it a false economy getting one of these or should I just hold out (potentially much longer) for an MWS? 
How well does it work during these cold months?  

I may just stick with the plan to buy an AEG version as I already have an M4 mag adapter... it makes sense to use my existing collection of mags, but sensible is not why I have so many guns already ;)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

IMO, the TM MP7 is the best venture into GBBR's - even if they're not a full length rifle. They're so versatile, decent range and mine has never even thought about cooling down. I would assume the AA R36 is a case of buy cheap, buy twice if you're considering doing some serious skirmishing with it.

Yes that's a good shout - I do like the look of the MP7 (played it in Battlefield 4 etc quite a lot) - and I could do with a true CQB gun.  
Is it just the TM version I should consider?

Edit: £275 at WolfArmouries on a pre-order for March, plus £40-odd quid per mag.     Quite a step up in cost.
And...  I run a battle belt with plastic pouches for M4/M14/AUG mags, so changing to something for SMG mags is a bit of a pain-point.   Might need an alternate belt or chest-rig setup to accommodate different pouches.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

Check this out before you buy:

It’s cheap for a reason but not bad to learn on IMO.

Also the TM MP7 is not just a CQB gun, that thing can easily hold it’s own outdoors, my old one was better than any AEG I ever owned.

Edited by Wavey_Gravey

Yeah I'd seen that video a while ago... IIRC he ran about 3000 rounds through it before a failure?  
Mind you I've just coincidentally found his MP7 videos and see he's had problems with a sticky nozzle, a cracked rear receiver, and a sleepy trigger.  So TM isn't immune from issues.   It does look a cracking bit of kit though, and if it's usable outdoors on a cold day then I'm sure it'd be a great intro to the world of GBBR's.

Maybe my best choice is:   in the short-term, get the Specna G36 with EBB for compatibility with my existing rigging... the EBB might well break, but for a while at least it's not as 'inert' as the typical AEG.  And it's cheap (£135)

And I wait a little for the TM MP7.   It's my birthday in April, so if my contract gets extended and I'm still in work, I can treat myself :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.