Q Honey badger... Extended barrel and silencer issue..

Egon_247

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening all. 

Got a bit of an odd thing going on... 

The DE honey badger that I use has an extended barrel (+70mm) and I'm using a suppressor to protect it. 

However... When firing recently I've noticed that the bb's are being random. If I remove the silencer they're fine (0.28's).barrel is clean, gun is well maintained.

Im thinking that because the barrel stops short inside the suppressor it's doing some odd air "not escaping and crashing around inside the suppressor" sort of thing. I'm right at the top of my fps/j on 0.28's at 292fps so longer barrel is right out. 

Thinking maybe a tube around the outer of the inner barrel might help.... Any thoughts? 

is the suppressor screwing on straight. if its misaligned that would cause random flyers. also worth checking that the exit hole in the suppressor is large enough and actually in line with the barrel. i can't imagine that that there is an air vortex issue  as the BB is ahead of the pressurised air.

Thanks for the help. 

The suppressor has a lh thread one end and rh thread the other. I'm using the lh thread and everything seems to line up OK. It's on tight well as tight as it gets with a lh/rh thread thing going on🤣

Like others have said probably ever so slight miss-alignment, which is why I just use things like this...

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/external-parts/outer-barrels/xt-outer-barrel-extension-2-inches

... so I can use the stock flash hider if there are any problems.

Just to close this out, as I can't stand threads that have no solution posted, I opened up the silencer to find bb shavings... 🤔

So, engineer mode ON... found a bit of 16mm copper pipe, cut it to size to fit snugly in the suppressor, wrapped the barrel with enough tape to centre it and slid the copper over the barrel. Nice and snug. 

On a side note, sounds really weird now with the diy outer barrel 😂😂

All good now. Thanks guys n gals. Much appreciated. 👍

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.