The old Marui Sig P226 railed.

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know the E2 version is supposed to be better but I have always preferred the old stule grips.

I know it is an old model but it was popular in its day. I'm not really bothered about larger blow back units, and I am not expecting the performance of say an FXNX45 or a HK USP, but I just wondered if it still perfectly usable. 

I don't know if the slide is reinforced were it contacts the slide stop on the frame. That is the one thing that I would find unacceptable.

• Supporters

Pretty sure that neither of them have any reinforcement around the slide stop area

zoom in on the two listings here:

https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/1573/s/tokyo-marui-p226-r-top-slide-for-p226-gas-blowback-pistol-series/

https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/2801/s/tokyo-marui-p226e2-top-slide-for-p226-gas-blowback-pistol-series/

Without having either in front of me I'd have to defer to knowledge of current owners, there is always the option of an aftermarket slide/slide and frame kit.

The E2 model was "better" because the mags were improved and it had better gas efficiency. Much like yourself I prefer the size of the P226R, standard practice is to run them on E2 mags.

Thanks for the reply.

For me, TM pistols are best left alone. I am not interested in sourcing metal slides for them. They were designed for optimal performance with plastic slides and low powered gas, and as such, they work better than most metal pistols will ever do.

Yes, metal slides feel more realistic, but Marui at least manage to produce plastic slides that look very good. I would rather have Japanese quality over Chinese realism.

you realise that most of that "Japanese quality" was produced in china and shipped to Japan for assembly ? haha

Also TM plastic is actually really poor quality from a material standpoint . However they handle the gas pressures designed for in Japan very very well indeed and TM QC is usually very good . Although there are exceptions 

I know most things are made in China now, but the TM components will be made to more rigorous TM quality standards and assembled as you say in Japan. I agree that TM pistols are overpriced in the West but that is simply because Marui does not export its products. All their guns come to Europe and the USA through middle men.

As for the plastic, I know it is only ABS, but most people say it is very good quality ABS whereas some of the pot metal used in other brand pistols is very poor quality. How can you expect to get a high quality full metal pistol for not a lot more than a hundred quid? 

Apart from my two hi capas, I leave TM pistols unmodified. I only shoot my pistols at home, and so plastic and low powered gas if fine for me.

I cant say for the older railed but i do have the e2 version and its been my trusty side arm for these past 4 years. Like its been said no reinforcement but again I have had no problems.

Peeps never comment on not being hit, the opposite has been said infact. I run on 144a duster in summer and when it gets cold I creep up to green gas. If you go above that you do run the greater chance of damage as it is plastic and built for lower limits.

But I will say I other than one of my mags leaking (just relubed the piston orings) it has never let me down and its something you dont see around alot these days either. 

• Supporters

It is still perfectly usable.  And then some.

The R was my second pistol purchase 'way back when' and I got the E2 some time later for the slight step up and so that I'd have two solid sidearms compatible with the same sets of mags and holsters.  Personally I much prefer the E2 grips, but performance between the two in the real world is really bloody similar in my experience.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.