Looking for a gun tech in New Forest area

ConfusedDad

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there

I’m looking for good reliable gun tech in the New Forest area to service and possibly upgrade my specna arms M4. 

Any recommendations?

Many thanks

None that I know of (I'm in Christchurch, so the forest is only 5mins away for me) - but if you join the Facebook group Dorset Airsoft Community - there's a couple of Techs on there. 

It also depends on which side of the Forest you live - If it's the Southampton end you might be able to find a tech or shop that can do it in Hampshire. 

What are you looking to 'upgrade'? Some things such as hop rubber/units/barrels are simple to do yourself, motors are relatively straightforward - depending on the Specna model (Edge grips don't like aftermarket motors much).

Hi @Speedbird_666 I'm just long the road from you in Lymington so Dorset is just on my doorstep.

Not necessarily looking for upgrades but a service and whilst it's being serviced then maybe change the hop-up, rubber and nub etc

I'll join the group and see who's there that could service my pew pew

Cheers

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Edge grips don't like aftermarket motors much

The first part I'd recommend changing on an Edge is that quick-drop grip.  Just about any £10 Ali Express replacement will be better.

1 hour ago, ConfusedDad said:

change the hop-up

The Specna rotary units are pretty decent.  A Maple Leaf rubber and nub work well, and that's about the easiest possible thing to do yourself.

Your money, your choice, I'd just recommend being clear about what you want done to it, and why.  "A service" can mean just about anything, or nothing.

• Supporters

Er, is anything wrong with it?  I ask because (used gun + a hour of a decent tech's time) > new price

About half of the content of Negative Airsoft on YouTube is Luke fixing guns that have been "serviced" by "techs".

Specna Orion gearboxes are prone to cracking at the front.  That's something you can look for yourself.  If it happens, it happens, and it's time for a new shell or a complete new box.

Internally, if it sounds OK and shoots OK, it probably is OK.  Shimming and re-greasing is a reasonable idea, if it's done right.  Replacing parts before they fail, I'm not convinced on, given the random QC of even "upgraded" parts.

I'd just hate to see you fork over £50+ for some Skylar to either do nothing, or just spooge some lube in, or actually make it worse.

47 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

About half of the content of Negative Airsoft on YouTube is Luke fixing guns that have been "serviced" by "techs".

Speaking of Luke, he posted a video last night stating that his turnaround time is down to 4 weeks and he's accepting work, he accepts mailed items! 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, ConfusedDad said:

Well it ain’t broke, fires straight and long, sounds good too, so might just have fun with it and see how it goes …..

Recommended at the price.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.