Weight watcher build and the 0.28

Hypokondrikern

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there, 

After years with GBBRs I have decided to build myself a lightweight AEG. The base is a G2 gearbox from a used G&G SR15, which will get new polymer receiver, buffer tube, carbon fibre barrel and handguard. This is where I find myself stuck on the build. I haven't found enough info that can steer me into a choice of barrel length nor cylinder. Well, neither spring strength as that is a part of the mix. 

I would like to have a replica that is built around the 0.28 bb. What is your experience - what would be the ideal barrel length / diameter and cylinder + spring strength to proppel the 0.28? (350 FPS full auto or just under 420 FPS Semi doesn't really matter)

Also, 

How compatible is the G2 gearbox with older G&G polymer / nylon receivers? Or even Cyma receivers? 

Thanks in advance! 

I'm in the middle of doing this exact thing, I've picked up an SRC polymer body, I'm going for CF Stock and outer barrel, I'm in the middle of piecing it together but the predicted weight I'm going for is just over 1kg. 

V2 gearbox's are extremely universal, I'm putting a Cyma one in my SRC body

@xaphor

Incredible! Please post some pics when the build is finished. Mine is set to be just under 2 kg. But I find it hard to lose grams beyond that. 

Will it be a CQB, Recce or normal assault? And do you also have any advice regarding barrel / cylinder optimisation for 0.28s? 

• 3 weeks later...

Builds should always meet the requirements of .20g bb at your site. Once passed, you can use what ever bb, just make the finer hop adjustments.

Edited by Sneaky

On 03/09/2022 at 12:04, mirinjawbro said:

whee is the best place you would say to buy all these parts / AEG uogrades? thanks

@ak2m4 would be the place to start off with.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.