What gearbox shells are decent these days ?

Nuro

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So way back when, we only had a few options for gearbox types.

I use to buy a standard v2 re-enforced gearbox that would last. I mean they really lasted, 20years kinds of lasted.

However, 20yrs is long enough and i new need replacements due to cracks and breaks appearing.

So, what is a decent replacement.

I am seeing alot qr/qd shells but alot seem to be "E&C",

Are these any good ?

It doesnt have to last 20yrs but i would like it to last more than a few shoots before it needs replacing again.

Also seeing alot of pre built boxes but they are almost all m4/m16 with triggers that look so thin i feel if i actually pressed them, they would snap (think Mongo hands for anyone who knows the film 😉).

For info,

I run usually a g3 or mp5.

Both upgraded and kicking out 345-350 fps. Parts seem to getting rare as alot of the market is dominated by m4 variants.

Thanks for any advice.

• Supporters

E&C shells are very good. I have one in my Specna SA-A03 (because it came with it), one I built from the ground up in my MK12 DMR and another in a Salient GRY copy that I'm building (came as a complete gearbox).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.