Earmore PTT

Guest KiloGr

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest KiloGr

Need some help guys,

Have an earmore comms system on my helmet.  Headset works fine, but the ptt button does not transmit the mic.  If i dont put the cable into the ptt all the way, it works, once it clicks in, nothing happens.

It has done this on 2 PTTs now, is it a bad headset wire?  Not the radio as it works with my other earpiece.

Guest KiloGr
38 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Is it an earmor ptt?

Yes it is.  Both have been earmore ptts.

I push the clip in 95% of the way and it works, as soon as it clicks in, it doesnt.

I've been very unimpressed in general with Earmors. Now I just keep my headset plugged into the PTT and never remove it, because that broke my last PTT when I simply removed the plug because it's very tight and loosened some of the circuitry when I pulled it out.

Once this set goes down, I'm upgrading to Peltors and a proper PTT. Earmors have been nothing but pain. Great when they work, but very prone to failure!

• 2 weeks later...

Send it back to the retailer you bought it from while you can. 

I had a similar problem with the mil-pro earmor headset and PTT and went through the whole trouble shooting process with the retailer, which involved replacing both the headset and PTT, and even then neither system ever worked! 

Earmor PTT are terrible quality (currently) so it’s worth looking at other brands. I’ve gone for Peltors which have worked fine from day 1. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.