Using N2O Gas for GBBR???? Do-able?

Shizbazki

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So to preface this:

N2O cannisters, the big ones (see pic) not the small silver ones that look like 12g CO2 capsules.

I can get hold of a few for practically nothing.

I don't intend to huff this stuff like all the kids currently do nor sell it for huffing.

I was wondering, can the gas be used for airsoft??

Does anyone know what at what pressure N2O is stored under and how tis compares to Green Gas/Propane?

I appreciate that adapters may be needed for the different threaded valves and probably some kind of regulator if needed?

Has anyone tried to use it?

goldwhip-580g-nitrous-oxide-.jpg

I briefly played with using some 8g N20 chargers in a tiny custom crosman 2240 I converted to take 8g CO2 caplets. Lower power and fewer shots than the CO2 equivalent, I would just be guessing but would think more powerful than propane etc.

In a reciprocating semi automatic gun I'd imagine that it's going to smash the balls out of guns designed to run on green gas, and be insipid in guns designed to run on CO2.

Save it for making whipped cream or emergency home dentistry.

This type of catering N20 cylinder is at 50bar / 725psi

CO2 under pressure is in its liquid state and expands to gas on release in the region of 800psi (But with rapid fire can drop in temperature and go back to liquid)

This is partly the reason why paintball HPA regulators and mechanical guns were originally operating at 800psi

I don’t know how it would continue to perform in the cylinder or on transfer to a co2 magazine etc for practical use.  Assuming it acted like co2 rather than compressed air then it would switch between gas & liquid states, stabilising into its ‘stored’ state and acting like low powered co2

It would be interesting to know the results if you go ahead 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.