Heroshark mesh dimensions?

Rogerborg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I have a hankering to tinker with some mesh based eyepro projects and I know @herosharkis always busy, so I was wondering if anyone knows the dimensions of the perforated mesh used in his fine eyewear.  No, I'm not looking to go into competition, just try out some ideas myself. I've previously used square woven wire mesh which works well enough, but perforated sheet seems like what the cool kids are using.

It's sold by pitch (distance between the start of one hole and the start of the next, easier measured over several holes then divided), hole size (edge to edge inside each hole, whether hexagonal or round), and the thickness of the sheet between the inside and outside.

Not to scale, illustrative purposes only:

image.png.bc03312a36a098cd4e5d888155635204.png

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, heroshark said:

You want buy dvd?

Is there a Discover Channel How It's Made showing how to rip you off? :P

Thanks for the PM, I didn't want to take up your time given that it's just keeping you from making more products.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.