CYMA / TM AK Mag Release

0mega

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello People,

Been spending the last few weeks getting my 10 year old replica back up to a skirmishable standard having replaced a lot of the gubbings inside but I’ve hit -another- snag.. 

See videos and pics attached:

I noticed that my new CYMA mags were incredibly loose fitting (excessive wobble) I did not think much of it but during first test with actual bb’s today it seems to cause issues misfiring issues..

Upon inspection it looks like the mag release is worn or damaged and doesn’t sufficiently hold the magazine in place. 

I’ve been searching all over for a replacement mag release / trigger guard but come up short. 

Any AK enjoyers came up against this issue before and is there any bodges or fixes you could recommend? 

Note: ignore the loose screws; They are like that as I've removed the LCT magwell cover to expose how the mag release sits with no magazine in place. 

DEA9E725-F6A6-42A1-BA27-5409E5241A3B.jpeg

C43E5BB1-34A8-4C4E-8CE5-8ABB14B0252E.jpeg

IMG_3899.MOV

Edited by 0mega

• Supporters

Those pics looks like the lever is in good order to me? The springs always look like they're sitting a bit wonky.

Out of interest, what ammo ye using? Cyma mags are pretty decent but i have had them bind up something shocking with some brands of ammo with resultant feeding problems.

Are you using high or mid cap mags? Mids often need breaking in before they feed properly so try putting a few rounds in, emptying it and then repeating with a few more several times 

On 21/04/2022 at 17:27, Adolf Hamster said:

Those pics looks like the lever is in good order to me? The springs always look like they're sitting a bit wonky.

Out of interest, what ammo ye using? Cyma mags are pretty decent but i have had them bind up something shocking with some brands of ammo with resultant feeding problems.

The Lever shouldn't be touching the trigger guard I don't think. At least that is what I have deduced from looking online.

I don't think its a mag issue as the mag wobble issue itself is new and my even my old mags never wobbled like this. I have a TM / CYMA and a D-Boys Magazine. All feed fine if i hold it at an angle but moving about causes it to misfeed due to how loose they sit. 

Also I just realised the video never uploaded properly. I'll try again on this post.

Youtube link: CM037 CYMA AK Magazine Wobble

video0.mov

Edited by 0mega

It looks like the mag catch and spring have been installed incorrectly.  When there is no mag in the gun the catch should not sit against the trigger guard like that.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.