Cyma AK suddenly lost all hop.

Groot

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

Pretty much new gun with Macaron and Omega nub. Ran is perfectly a few weeks back and today no hop.
The slider feels spongy when trying to put it on. So i think the omega nub has dropped down and gotten trapped somewhere it shouldn't be. 

Is this a known issue?

I guess glueing is the way to solve it?

Not seen anyone else complaining of that issue on any gun tbh
Have you taken it apart to see what's happened? 
Have you cleaned the barrel recently, is there any chance you did that with hop applied, and it's split the rubber?

No nothing since the last game.

Going to take it apart later. 

Just a weird thing to simply happen. 

Edited by Groot

So not sure what happened but took it apart and put it back together.. All fine..

Except the brass bit that goes behind the spring near the back of the gun on the pole that holds the charging handle on and a triangle piece of plastic/metal vanished during the procedure.

So while i now have a functioning hop. I have a completely useless AK as i cannot close the receiver. What an awesome day. 

zero change of getting replacements so no clue what to do now. Awesome day

The brass ring that stops the spring sliding around the bend and a tiny triangle piece that the pole went through and did something somewhere 

07E606AE-1A9D-495A-B232-A48E4597AA84.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Groot said:

The brass ring that stops the spring sliding around the bend and a tiny triangle piece that the pole went through and did something somewhere 

07E606AE-1A9D-495A-B232-A48E4597AA84.jpeg

You can replace the brass bushing with a small nut.  One of my AKs has had a nut instead of the bushing for years.

Yeah I was planning on doing that. Thanks @colinjallen

Any idea what the random small trianglish bit does/goes?

Unfortunately not; I do not have a TM style AK and cannot think of anything similar on the VFC style ones.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
1 hour ago, Groot said:

zero change of getting replacements so no clue what to do now. Awesome day

Tape it shut. Remove tape to change battery if required. Tape up again.

As far as I can see, you *should* be able to reassemble the fake bolt mechanism without the missing triangular bit and *should* be able to lock the cover.  However...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.