G&G MP5 SD5 BB strength?

mirinjawbro

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Strong how? What are you planning? 

• Supporters
On 29/03/2022 at 19:57, mirinjawbro said:

upgrade motor / spring . maybe diff inner barrel.

High torque? High Speed? DSG wanker gun or DMR?

The blow back mech puts more strain and more holes in the gearbox so they are weaker than a convention v2 gear box which can crack at the front any way. You need to decided what you want the gun to do 1st before you can think about upgrading.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, mirinjawbro said:

not sure yet :)

any advice?

Without knowing which way you're planning to go, not really.

In general though, they're...ok. I did a build with 16:1 gears and a basic mosfet a few years back and it's held up OK so far but the blowback function is pneumatic and uses a hole in the top of the cylinder to bleed off air to make it work. My advice there would be to swap the cylinder for a standard one without the hole as it will help with power and consistency enormously. IIRC the gearbox has cast ridges on the inside that makes it a pain to use something like a Gate Aster as the ribs need removing to be able to put the stickers on the gearbox.

I wouldn't go mad with it though, the front of the gearbox shell is known for being a bit fragile (unless of course you just HPA it in which case the world is your crustacean).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.