aeg failure to fire

Makis

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My King Arms 1928 just stopped firing. Battery connections are good and spare battery is good so it must be an electrical problem somewhere else i think. Can anyone suggest a cause and how to fix it? I am new to aeg weapons, it all seems like rocket science to me so please be patient !

My regards, Makis 

Hi @Makis

I'm not sure about your gun but some aegs have a fuse. If there is it will be on the wire that you connect your battery to.

Maybe a wire has come off of the motor?

regards

Do you know how to take the motor base plate off the grip? As said above it could be the connection has come off the motor.

My gun stopped firing today. Turns out the fuse had blown but the reason the fuse blew was a gear lost a tooth and the whole gearbox jammed. 

It also stopped firing the other week as the cable that went to the fuse holder had come off the crimped connection... its all happening

I am very grateful for your replies,i have just got back from Athens so could not reply sooner. I have found a very good vid. on you tube about stripping the gun so will let you know what i find.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards, Makis

I have fixed the problem, it was as you suspected,electrical. A very bad connection where the intermediate cable goes onto the battery. It works very well now but would be happier with a new cable. Any ideas where i could get one?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards. Makis

@Makis it's not the cable that needs replacing it's just the female spade connector (part that connects to the motor tab), to properly fix you'll need soldering iron, heat shrink etc.  You can buy replacement trigger wiring but they aren't all the same unless you get a KA one.

Edited by ak2m4
cos it felt good

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.