I have a problem with the power of AEG

David____

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

There are loads of things that it could be.

The first thing that I'd check is that the spring on the front of the hop unit is still there, and pushing the hop back against the geearbox.

Then I'd check that the nozzle is secured in the tappet plate, as it's easy to miss this when re-assembling.  Ensure that the nozzle isn't either loose, or stuck, i.e. that it can be pushed back under spring tension, and then returns by itself, but that it can't be wiggled back and forth easily.

Check that there's a good bit of puff coming out of the nozzle.

Either way, unless it's the hop spring, you're going to have to go back inside the gearbox to see what's gone wrong there.

Be sure to check that you've got good air seal on the piston, cylinder, cylinder head and nozzle before reassembling, but I'm sure you'll have learned that lesson. ;) 

What do you mean by "slowly"?  Do you mean that the BBs just roll out of the barrel or that the FPS is lower than expected?

If the FPS is a bit low, start off by making sure that there are no BBs in the gun, turn the gun upside down, put a small piece of paper over the feed nozzle and shoot it in semi.  If the paper stays relatively still, the nozzle/hop seal is ok and the problem is inside the gearbox.  If it flips up, the nozzle/hop seal needs to be sorted out.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.