Which is best? Tokyo Marui VS WE Samurai Edge Stars Beretta

ashburns54

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there 

I recently bought this WE Samurai Edge Stars Beretta  

https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/m92-biohazard-virus-samurai-edge-black/

And within a day the Stars logo started rubbing off and fading away. I contacted the shop and they're happy to send me this Tokyo Marui one instead

https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/tokyo-marui-biohazard-samurai-edge-standard-gbb-pistol-hi-grade/

So I've said yes to the Tokyo Marui but it'll be my first Tokyo Marui gun and I was wondering has anyone had experience with both? Can I expect the stars logo to immediately start fading away on my Tokyo Marui one too? 

Granted I won't ever be airsofting with it it's going in a display cabinet but I may handle it from time to time and want a general idea of the build quality.

Thanks a lot.

20220209_220254.jpg

20220209_220248.jpg

WE stands for worst ever. My personal experience is that marui outclasses WE in every way. Whilst I haven't personally owned either of the pistols you've mentioned, given the choice, I'd not even consider the WE. This opinion is informed from using many pews by both brands over the years (more TM than WE admittedly)

Another vote for TM, if you really must have all metal then WE. Since your wanting it for display then the TM will do the job perfectly

Thanks for the replies chaps. Seems like Tokyo Marui wins. Does anyone know specifically about the stars logo on the Tokyo Marui one? I'll be devastated if it starts fading like it did with the WE one I had for a day. I've read online of some people applying nail polish over the stars logo on the WE version to protect it. Im thinking about searching through my misses' things to find some nail polish. Can't wait to explain its to protect my toy gun 😆

1 hour ago, ashburns54 said:

Im thinking about searching through my misses' things to find some nail polish. 😆

Wot? You mean you haven't got your own?

How very last century lol

Not had it that long, plus it's a wall hanger with the occasional back garden plinking. Looking at it, if you where using it regular I don't think it would hold up to long. If you want to preserve it the nail varnish option would be the way to go.

17 hours ago, MAX DICKER said:

WE stands for worst ever. My personal experience is that marui outclasses WE in every way. Whilst I haven't personally owned either of the pistols you've mentioned, given the choice, I'd not even consider the WE. This opinion is informed from using many pews by both brands over the years (more TM than WE admittedly)

You said yourself you have never owned the WE M9. Which WE pistols have you owned? 

The WE Beretta is not the worst ever. Those who collect M9s will probably tell you the Gen 2 WE version is more reliable than the KJW, KWA, ICS or G&G.  The WE Glocks and Sig P226/ P229, are also better than the KJW. Granted many of their pistols are crap. But not all. TM certainly makes the best gas pistols, but the WE Berettas, Glocks and Sigs are pretty much TM clones. And they are very affordable and have decent magazines that are also cheap to buy.

KWA and VFC pistols generally cost more and look a bit nicer, but they get slagged off just as much on a regular basis for breaking or just being unreliable. Maybe that is because they don't copy Marui designs and their own designs have flaws. And if they do break, good luck getting replacement parts.

I love my WE berets m9s. Mind the Barry Bolton V2 to be the best because it's more robust. less likely to blow of the back end when in full auto. 

if you worried about the emblem on grip just touch it up with art fixative spray. That will retain emblem for much longer. 

20201107_200432.jpg

20201107_195440.jpg

I've got two we m9's. Semi and full auto and I love em.

Build quality and feel are both present. They are great guns.

I also have couple of tm pistols p226 and mk23. They are great pistols as well.

On game days I invariably end up with one of the m9's on my belt though.  

Considering the OP just wants it for a display and occasional fondle I don't see any reason to consider a plastic version.

So you're worried about the gold paint coming off?

Just touch it up with a gold felt pen and when dry put some nail varnish on top.

It'll look great and feel much better than a plastic replica.

Those are beautiful @enzo47

@Shamal Yeah, I love my WE M9A2 v2  Action is sooooooo smoooooth

Edited by EDcase

3 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

You said yourself you have never owned the WE M9. Which WE pistols have you owned? 

The WE Beretta is not the worst ever. Those who collect M9s will probably tell you the Gen 2 WE version is more reliable than the KJW, KWA, ICS or G&G.  The WE Glocks and Sig P226/ P229, are also better than the KJW. Granted many of their pistols are crap. But not all. TM certainly makes the best gas pistols, but the WE Berettas, Glocks and Sigs are pretty much TM clones. And they are very affordable and have decent magazines that are also cheap to buy.

A couple, last one was a WE WET Glock or something like that, can't remember what I didn't like about it but I sold it on pretty quick (this was about 6 or 7 years ago). When I say Worst ever, that's hyperbole. I ran a WE M4 gbbr for over 2 years. Yes I had to take spare parts with me every gameday for the inevitable breakdown but it was awesome fun.

Honestly, the difference in quality between WE and TM isn't so big. But it is there. If someone really has to have actual metal, yeah, a WE is spot on.

Yeah I just want it for a display cabinet so I won't be running around skirmishing with it but the fact that the stars logo instantly rubbed off the WE version is enough to put me off their products. The Airsoft store have offered me a TM Hi grade version in exchange at no extra charge so I'm gonna take it but like a few have suggested I'm going to protect the stars logo anyway with some clear nail polish...just in case.

Side point, I should be getting my TM Sammy Edge, ICS MP5 and Umarex Hdx 68 shotgun all this coming weekend, it's gonna be like christmas 🙂

Shotty was bought early december, TMs an exchange and the mp5s a repair/rewire. 

Edited by ashburns54

On 20/02/2022 at 22:35, EDcase said:

Considering the OP just wants it for a display and occasional fondle I don't see any reason to consider a plastic version.

So you're worried about the gold paint coming off?

Just touch it up with a gold felt pen and when dry put some nail varnish on top.

It'll look great and feel much better than a plastic replica.

Those are beautiful @enzo47

@Shamal Yeah, I love my WE M9A2 v2  Action is sooooooo smoooooth

That would normally be the case.

However the TM M9A1 is one of the best looking plastic guns out there. It weighs a ton, and the external finish mimics metal very well.

It is certainly good enough to put on display. On a wall or in a display cabinet it would fool almost anyone into thinking it was the real steel. The trades may not be accurate, but they look good. The WE has no trades at all. 

Personally, I like both. 

Edited by emilianoksa

Yeah, I had a TM 226 for a bit and it did look (and shoot) great but if you fondle it (as OP wants to do on special occasions 😁) there's no way a TM will feel better than a metal replica.

The importance of trades is a different matter and up to the OP of course.

Edited by EDcase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.