Helmet for a hooj noggin?

Skullchewer

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

I have a big head (Fnar fnar). I also have a mass of hair. I cannot find a helmet big enough to squeeze my gigantic melon into.
Anyone have any suggestions?

How big are we talking? My bonce is 62cm (although the hair is less of an issue for me these days). Of all the lids I've tried so far the best fitting by far is the FMA Team Wendy bump helmet. Although the FMA Airframe is also a good shout. Don't buy the super cheap ones from the likes of Emerson as they come in "one size doesn't quite fit anyone" where the FMA ones come in M/L and L/XL. You do need to check the fitment range though as the FAST helmet goes up to 62cm but the Maritime only goes up to 61cm for example.

Another good option for you is the FMA Ballistic Helmet in the size L-XL...

https://www.iwholesales.co.uk/610826-fma-ballistic-helmet-multicam-l-l-tb460-l

... but like the Airframe they're a little rare / hard to find (I got mine from France, Powair6, and I've a big melon of a head). Also if you do go for an FMA Ballistic be aware that there are two models, one that's just the helmet and another than has the full "upgraded" liner with the adjustment at the rear which you 100% want to have...

https://www.socomtactical.net/fma-fast-helmet-upgraded-liner-kit-l-xl/

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

That sounds perfect, thanks Fatboy 👍🏼

If you do go that route and need an adjustable liner, give me a shout I have a spare.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.