Ics l85a2 mofset

2RIR

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I was just wondering can I fit a mofset into this, some say yes some say no, also what's the best battery for these, the 7.4v is a bit slow for my liking but that's what's recommended is there any way of increasing the trigger response to get it to fire a bit faster, thanks look forward to hearing from you. 

8 minutes ago, 2RIR said:

Hi, I was just wondering can I fit a mofset into this, some say yes some say no, also what's the best battery for these, the 7.4v is a bit slow for my liking but that's what's recommended is there any way of increasing the trigger response to get it to fire a bit faster, thanks look forward to hearing from you. 

You need to ask @Asomodai as he's done all that... 

3 hours ago, 2RIR said:

"Technically" The ICS L85 doesnt require a mosfet for 11.1v as the trigger system is unique and mimics a mosfet by preventing arcing in a mechanical way. However if you do decide to get a mosfet, just get a very basic Finfet one. 

Personally I would change the motor to a balanced 16TPA neo one to increase trigger response and ROF first. It's really easy to do on an L85. You may feel the gains are good enough to avoid having to use 11.1v

If you do decide to use 11.1v make sure to open the gearbox and correct AOE before doing so or you'll be munching pistons, also the weak cut off lever on the L85 will take a real hammering on 11.1v.

Edited by Asomodai

Thanks I think I'm just gonna have to make do with the 7.4v, both tech guys I got in touch with both say the same and that is no lol, which is a pity but doable. Thanks for the info. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/02/2022 at 01:56, Asomodai said:

Thanks, I'll get the motor, really appreciate your help, when I did try an 11.1v it just double fed so I'm definitely gonna try that motor. 

@Hatchetdefinitely looks like you can, have to show this one to my local tech, I have mine running on a 7.4v anyway & changed it to deans as well, I'm gonna try the motor first see what happens. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.