Mixing active breaking with precocking

steverebo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just a quick on really as I could not find much online.

Can you mix active breaking and precocking I have a perun v2 and wondered if you can mix both as I am trying to narrow down a solution to a different problem 

An interesting question, as they're obviously about holding the piston at opposite ends of the cylinder.  So which takes preference?

The Perun manual states:
"While precocking is on, the AB setting becomes irrelevant. However, any programmed AB setting will be stored in memory and will become effective as soon as precocking is disabled."

Link: https://perunairsoft.pl/hybridv2.pdf

Edited by RostokMcSpoons
Link added

36 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

An interesting question, as they're obviously about holding the piston at opposite ends of the cylinder.  So which takes preference?

The Perun manual states:
"While precocking is on, the AB setting becomes irrelevant. However, any programmed AB setting will be stored in memory and will become effective as soon as precocking is disabled."

Link: https://perunairsoft.pl/hybridv2.pdf

Ah cheers I didn't see that whilst looking through the manual. 

Could incorrect precocking setting cause a jam like I have been experiencing 

• Supporters

precocking is like a timer that runs after the col has tripped and keeps the motor running a few milliseconds before (usually) applying active brake.

usually lockups with active brake are the product of a system that doesn't need it stopping too quickly when the brake is applied (ie col trips and it stops immediately), without active brake the motor naturally rolls on for a little bit of precocking (ie how guns without mosfets work) until natural friction/energy compressing the spring is enough to halt it.

i suppose if the precocking is set too high it might be rolling right around and approaching that lockup point from the other side (although would probably be intermittent double firing too)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.