Building My First Loadout!

parallel-knight

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I want to try actually going to matches. However i want to make a Russian kit regardless. I'm really into the 'Flora' Camo design so any kits that revolve around that would be grate. I believe the VSR-98 and VSR-93 kits are what i should build? So if anyone could help me by letting me know which bits of kit go with which and stuff like the names of the combat clothes chest rigs and armor, where to buy from and any relevant info would be really helpful. I live in the UK. For weapons i am planning on making two weapon loadouts. 1) An AK-74 type rifle, 5KU PBS-1 suppressor, GP-25 launcher and some sort of optic on a low AK style side mount. 2) A VSS/AS VAL with small laser, PSO-1 SVD scope, also would have a AKS-74U with PBS-5 suppressor for CBC. 

The Chechnya wars uniforms seems to be what I should try to replicate for my loadouts.  

il_794xN.3038689902_gw6q.webp

7 hours ago, parallel-knight said:

So if anyone could help me by letting me know which bits of kit go with which and stuff like the names of the combat clothes chest rigs and armor, where to buy from and any relevant info would be really helpful.

A good place to start if you're looking for info, inspiration and possibly places to buy for Russian/Combloc kit. You might want to join the Northern Pact Facebook group. 

For a russian millitary surplus I reccomend Grey shop, but their stock is rather expensive, but from what i've seen / used of it, its really high quality stuff. They don't do guns but they do clothing, vests / carriers, helmets / masks and probably way more that I can't name. 

I have a Flora load out.  Northern Pact on fb is a good suggestion. 

I use Green Bean Gear and Rusforlife as first choice.   Both will be happy to advise I am sure.   

Grey Shop has everything but it extremely expensive. 

Don't buy a cheap oversuit,  they are basically disposable!   

You can mix and match camo and gear a fair bit.  Since there are different versions of flora and different shades from different factories,  try and buy the same brand items or as a set if you want it all the same. 

If you don't mind spending the money you can get whole load outs from Grey Shop and pay to avoid any pitfalls. 

I  buy surplus from Etsy and EBay as I am happy to simply collect it if it is wrong size, although it never has been.  

Have a look at camopedia for the different patterns.

I have found cheap Chinese chest rigs etc that are good substitutes for Russian stuff.  Loab bearing vests are often cheaper than webbing. 

I actually have a Russian uniform for every decade 1930s to now.  Gear and webbing next...  

The gear in your pic is VSR98 summer flora. 

Edited by Tactical Pith Helmet

I saw a guy at my local site using some digi flora and it really stood out from the sea of Multiglam so I decided to try it too and I was hooked on the russian gear

Ak's just look better in my opinion

I've used Grey shop and Kula tactical for gear aswell as a few things found on ebay but there can be slim pickings in the UK unfortunately

As for guns I primarily use a Cyma VSS as a DMR also a Cyma SVD (when it works) and a Dytac AK105

VSS.jpg

8 hours ago, Sniper780 said:

A good place to start if you're looking for info, inspiration and possibly places to buy for Russian/Combloc kit. You might want to join the Northern Pact Facebook group. 

Oh yeah are they about this sorta stuff? 

8 hours ago, zwez said:

For a russian millitary surplus I reccomend Grey shop, but their stock is rather expensive, but from what i've seen / used of it, its really high quality stuff. They don't do guns but they do clothing, vests / carriers, helmets / masks and probably way more that I can't name. 

Oh nice I’ll check it out

3 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

I have a Flora load out.  Northern Pact on fb is a good suggestion. 

I use Green Bean Gear and Rusforlife as first choice.   Both will be happy to advise I am sure.   

Grey Shop has everything but it extremely expensive. 

Don't buy a cheap oversuit,  they are basically disposable!   

You can mix and match camo and gear a fair bit.  Since there are different versions of flora and different shades from different factories,  try and buy the same brand items or as a set if you want it all the same. 

If you don't mind spending the money you can get whole load outs from Grey Shop and pay to avoid any pitfalls. 

I  buy surplus from Etsy and EBay as I am happy to simply collect it if it is wrong size, although it never has been.  

Have a look at camopedia for the different patterns.

I have found cheap Chinese chest rigs etc that are good substitutes for Russian stuff.  Loab bearing vests are often cheaper than webbing. 

I actually have a Russian uniform for every decade 1930s to now.  Gear and webbing next...  

The gear in your pic is VSR98 summer flora. 

Oh cheers man this is really helpful. I’ll have to check out this Facebook group. And lucky having all that aha 

7 minutes ago, strykerles said:

I saw a guy at my local site using some digi flora and it really stood out from the sea of Multiglam so I decided to try it too and I was hooked on the russian gear

Ak's just look better in my opinion

I've used Grey shop and Kula tactical for gear aswell as a few things found on ebay but there can be slim pickings in the UK unfortunately

As for guns I primarily use a Cyma VSS as a DMR also a Cyma SVD (when it works) and a Dytac AK105

VSS.jpg

Yeah isn’t the Russian gear so interesting and yes AK’s do look nicer. Yeah I was actually planning on buying the CYMA VSS (as DMR) then a AKS-74U (for a back up gun) 

14 hours ago, parallel-knight said:
23 hours ago, Sniper780 said:

Oh yeah are they about this sorta stuff? 

They are one of many FB groups that focus on RU/Combloc stuff, but NP has been around for awhile, so it has a fair few post and articles, that covers a variety of interest on the subject.

So you can search in the group and more of than not, you can find info you need or it can point you in the right direction. Such as kit list for units in conflict's. Which helps when you're looking to buy items.

7 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

cheers for that! that's the sorta stuff I'm after.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/906766776/russian-army-summer-jacketpants-bdu?

@parallel-knightBilly bargain, IF it fits you.  Genuine pre-91 makes it good for both Cold War and post Soviet games.  

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.